Google Earth > Optimus S?

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
If I search the market for Google Earth from the phone, it displays everything but. If I try to start from my PC, and choose Sprint LGE LS670, it says, ?This item is not compatible with your device.?

Say it ain?t so!

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, google earth doesn't work on the optimus for whatever reason. even if you try to install it manually, it'll just force close when you open it

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Reason: low end phone, lack of gpu power

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

optimus one has a more powerful GPU than other devices that can use google earth... so i really doubt that it's the GPU
i think it's the resolution. have you ever seen an HVGA device running google earth?

farfromuman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
optimus one has a more powerful GPU than other devices that can use google earth... so i really doubt that it's the GPU
i think it's the resolution. have you ever seen an HVGA device running google earth?

Which Android devices in particular have lower end cpu/gpu and can run Google Earth? Screen resolution has nothing to do with it - read here Google Earth for Android User Guide - Google Earth Help. Google is just lazy to make it work on low end CPU/GPUs

What I find amusing is that the original Iphone from 2007 can run it just fine.

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Which Android devices in particular have lower end cpu/gpu and can run Google Earth? Screen resolution has nothing to do with it - read here Google Earth for Android User Guide - Google Earth Help. Google is just lazy to make it work on low end CPU/GPUs

What I find amusing is that the original Iphone from 2007 can run it just fine.

the OG moto droid can run google earth and that cpu and gpu are dinosaurs compared to that in the optimus.
so it's not the resolution (your link says hvga is ok)... so again, i'm clueless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane