help. I did a hard reset on Optimus S after root...phone is bricked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffngrims

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I have a huge problem and I am so stressed because some of the people in these forums are awfully mean and I am already having a bad enough time, Plus I have been searching for 3 days and found no working solution. I love my phone and I fear I may just have to give up all hope, but I am just not quite ready to let go....

Seriously tho, I rooted my Optimus S and I had a hell of a time getting a recovery to work finally thunderc did the trick. then I added thundeRom, and I had it about to weeks when I came across this cool ROM called cyanogen nightly so I just had to have it. Well then my phone wouldn't flash into recovery. I tried installing many recoveries none would work.

After so many failed attempts I kept getting permission denied. I remembered that before I rooted I had the same problem and after I did a factory reset and wiped my phone clean it worked, So I did that again and I pretty sure it bricked, only I have not found any other post where the symptoms were just like mine. My phone will only blink LG nothing else.
I did back up with titanium before this and I had a nandroid backup also. Is there any hope?

Does anyone know what may have happened with my recovery before this happened? It was working fine. I have not been this long without a phone in at least 10 years. Please help I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.:'(

strra

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Code:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59781-un-brick-method-some-forms-brick.html

have you checked out this thread?
i've never personally experienced this, so i'm not sure how much help i can be other than terminology and such
i'm sure the forum can figure it out

*edit*
had to link it as code because it wouldn't display correctly after i submitted it. weird

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's my two cents:

1) The CM7 nightlies are made to go with clockworkmod recoveries. Thunderc is not a clockworkmod recovery. Xionia is, and I've used it with CM7 with no problems.

2) Factory reset after loading a custom recovery generally bricks your phone.

3) Check out the link strra posted above. I've used that to unbrick my phone twice. If you can't get it to work, try a different .cab file. The VC cab worked the first time I bricked it, but only the V9 cab worked the second time.

4) If you can manage to unbrick your phone, load xionia recovery on it. Then restore your last nandroid backup. Xionia never has nandroid errors, and also won't let you factory reset your phone. It's also tailor made to function with the CM7 nightlies (same dev).

5) good luck. if you can get to the lg logo there is still hope.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Closed. Please take a moment and read the forum rules. Specifically point your attention towards:
Cross Posting - Do not post your question or topic in multiple forums or threads.

I will close 3 of your posts about this same topic and leave THIS ONE open.

Status
Not open for further replies.