LG Optimus S (Sprint)

The Optimus S is the best budget Android phone on Sprint, a well-tuned, feature-packed touch-screen slab with all of the functionality most consumers and small business users need.

-------------------- -------------------- --------------------

And to think, I was tired of having it replaced with refurbs. It really is a marvel when itís acting marvelous, and itís nice to see Iím not the only one that thinks so.
    05-22-2011 10:38 PM
    When I first got it the SD card issues and occasional random reboots bothered me, but now that it's updated all of that has gone away and the phone works great, I got it free with the 2 yr upgrade and it's an amazing phone
    05-23-2011 09:20 AM
    I just ordered mine from Sprint Sun. Should get it tomorrow, and I can't wait!!!
    05-24-2011 06:25 PM
    I am surprised at the quality of the phone for the price. I dislike the lag but I am sure that'll change once I flash a rom
    05-24-2011 07:12 PM
    Yea but it lacks storage, amongst the best android phones, I feel HTC EVO 4G is probably a better buy on Sprint.
    05-31-2011 04:20 PM
    Yeah, I got it free too. I love it, absolutely an amazing phone!
    06-04-2011 11:03 PM
    HTC EVO 4G is probably a better buy on Sprint.
    Iím sure it is a better phone, but what the Optimus delivers for its price canít be beat. 100 quality points for $200 canít beat 25 quality points for $0. Itís like comparing a 40K Lexus to a free Yugo -- they both get you to the store. But as soon as I get to drive the Lexus...
    06-04-2011 11:56 PM
    Rooted with reborn ROM, it provides a wifi hotspot and has plenty of zip. Great deal for a free phone.
    06-05-2011 10:25 AM
    @ anotherandroidgeek, I agree, the phone came short on memory, but I'm rooted, running cyanogenmod 7, and I got 165 MB of internal memory. I got 2 buddies with evos and niether of them have more internal memory than me. I could be wrong but the only things an evolution has that my rooted optimus s doesn't is a flash player, flash camera and a bigger screen. I wouldn't even say its faster because of overclocking. Sorry but evo owners tend to be a little snobby like its the Bentley of phones, If it is than my rooted optimus s is a Lexus lol
    06-05-2011 01:39 PM
    Here are the great things about the optimus S:
    -Excellent battery life (unless you are in a low signal area)
    -Feels really nice in hand, solid, durable with physical buttons that have an excellent feel to them
    -Good, no nonsense camera and camcorder
    -Surprisingly snappy given it's modest specs

For me this phone was a no brainer because I got it for free and before the premium data fee went into effect for all smartphones... it saved me $500 over a 2 year contract over the Evo/Epic.

If I was buying now, I'd buy the Evo 4G or Nexus S (or bettery yet, I'd wait a couple weeks for the Evo 3D). But if I were to buy a phone for someone who isn't a phone freak like I am I would probably suggest the optimus S because of how stable, durable, pocketable and usable the phone is.
    06-05-2011 05:29 PM
    THe most recent lists of Best android phones are Android Central's and PCMag's
    06-21-2011 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD