pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
First of all.....I AM STOOOOOPIDDD on the knowledege that most of you have(as I have stated before) though when given instructions, step by step on how to do something I am very capable....I have become "addicted" to android and messing with my phone, a multi ROMed Optimus S :D..................................................
I usually trust what norton's anti virus does for my cp, and never really look into what it might have found. Tonight I looked at my "idle system scan" report and was surprised(just at first....)to see that it had rageagainstthecage as a trojan virus and has removed it from all my nandroids and lg root files etc....also stated that exeinvoker.exe from lg drivers has been removed and blocked(maybe why I have had issues with getting cp and sdk to recognize phone without reloading drivers or f8 when rebooting???)....I am assuming that this is "normal" since we are all hacking our phones to free them, but I just wanted to make sure....Thanks in advance to all!!

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
First of all.....I AM STOOOOOPIDDD on the knowledege that most of you have(as I have stated before) though when given instructions, step by step on how to do something I am very capable....I have become "addicted" to android and messing with my phone, a multi ROMed Optimus S :D..................................................
I usually trust what norton's anti virus does for my cp, and never really look into what it might have found. Tonight I looked at my "idle system scan" report and was surprised(just at first....)to see that it had rageagainstthecage as a trojan virus and has removed it from all my nandroids and lg root files etc....also stated that exeinvoker.exe from lg drivers has been removed and blocked(maybe why I have had issues with getting cp and sdk to recognize phone without reloading drivers or f8 when rebooting???)....I am assuming that this is "normal" since we are all hacking our phones to free them, but I just wanted to make sure....Thanks in advance to all!!

Rageagainstthecage is technically a "virus" because it exploits a security vulnerability to gain forced superuser (root) access. Regardless it is a very specific virus so unless your computer has an ARM processor and runs Android, you can safely ignore these warnings and add the file to the whitelist. Not sure about exeinvoker though...

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Rageagainstthecage is technically a "virus" because it exploits a security vulnerability to gain forced superuser (root) access. Regardless it is a very specific virus so unless your computer has an ARM processor and runs Android, you can safely ignore these warnings and add the file to the whitelist. Not sure about exeinvoker though...

That's about what I thought.......wasn't really worried too much, it just came as bit of a surprise....thanks for the info and for all the great work you do!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I was a strong follower of the Norton family of products for something like 10 years. Then I got a computer running Vista, and I realized how much of a resource hog it is (both vista and norton). My computer could barely run, always maxed out in the memory compartment. So I pulled norton and switched to AVG free editions and never looked back. Just a thought . . .

I also had a similar issue with files dissappearing a few years ago, same as you. At the time it forced me to give up on my projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007