I am using the easytether app for tethering (working on rooting it right now) and I need help figuring out why it will randomly cut off approximately every 5-45 minutes. I am rooting my phone but I plan on migrating the easytether install to my moms phone so that my brother can use her unrooted phone for internet and if it cuts off every few minutes I could be in serious hot water.
    05-24-2011 10:59 PM
    This probably isn't the problem, but here goes anyway. We used to see this frequently with people using Sprint broadband cards in their laptops running Windows XP. There's a setting in Outlook Express that says to "hang up after checking email." People would click "Send and Receive" and suddenly they'd lose their connection. Because they were set up to check email at specific intervals and they could also click Send and Receive when they wanted to, it made it look like it was a real intermittent problem. For some reason, this setting would get turned on without anyone actually going to the connections tab and changing it.
    05-25-2011 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD