Ok question, lets sat you have the insurance on the phone (whatever its called from sprint) and you root your phone and install a custom rom (or try to and something screws up) shouldn't that insurance cover that if it needs replacement or something? (minus the deductable of coarse)

Sent from my rooted Optimus s using Tapatalk.
    05-30-2011 01:04 PM
    No. rooting voids the warranty. You would have to follow the unrooting method to get it back to stock. I am not the final say on this, but I am fairly sure it is correct.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2011 02:38 PM
    have to remember insurance is above and beyond warrenty! If i drop the phone in a pool 2 years from now the insurance would cover it!
    05-30-2011 03:53 PM
    I would run over it with the car or something to make sure they can't tell it was rooted!

05-30-2011 06:30 PM
    have to remember insurance is above and beyond warrenty! If i drop the phone in a pool 2 years from now the insurance would cover it!
    Voided warranty is a voided warranty. Insurance will not cover. However if the phone breaks in pieces, insurance will cover. Insurance is really only physical damage.
    05-30-2011 07:09 PM
    I would run over it with the car or something to make sure they can't tell it was rooted!

i was gonna say that or burning it or say someone stole it (if they cover theft)
    05-30-2011 07:27 PM
    If you *really* want to experiment with your phone and break it a lot, buy the phone from Best Buy and get their insurance. It's only $2 more per month, BUT you get unlimited claims and no deductible
    05-30-2011 09:50 PM

microwave...
    "it just stopped turning on!"
    05-30-2011 11:46 PM
    So much mis-information here:

Warranty is only when your dealing with LG
    Insurance is only when your dealing with Asurion

When you have TEP, you have Repair & Insurance - The only time Insurance even comes into play, is if you Physically Damage your phone - Software corruption is not physical damage.

Any sprint store will fix or replace your defective phone for free with TEP.

If you don't mention rooted to a sprint repair tech, he ain't gonna find out! They just diagnose, if it doesn't turn on, or its stuck in a loop, all they do is attempt factory reset. If that doesn't work, you get a replacement phone.
    05-31-2011 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD