I've had my new phone for about 2 weeks & having a great time with it. However, still carrying around my old Centro 'cause I've no idea how to xfer my memos & calendar to the Optimus. I see there are a million memo/notes apps out there & Google calendar seems like a good idea because I can access it from anywhere...

Speaking of Google calendar, it's easy to create groups, but the groups don't seem to show up on the phone's contact list.

any suggestions re grouping phone contacts, or apps that will let me xfer stuff from my Centro to the Optimus S?
    06-16-2011 09:17 AM
    It's been a while now, but I think you can export from palm desktop to .csv, and then import the .csv to google calendar. I remember also transfering contact info pretty flawlessly between a Centro and an Optimus S using bluetooth. I'm not sure if you can do that with calendar entries as well.
    06-16-2011 02:14 PM
    I too went from the centro to the opti s. I just did a bluetooth transfer of all my memos and contacts. I'm not sure on the calender though.
    06-16-2011 07:12 PM
    centro was windows 6.1 right...i had a palm 800w and a palm pro 850w before my optimus s...i had to edit the source html from the gmail contacts pages and form it into a gws...or whatever format gmail uses to back up is books...the put in on gmail and then to phone....sucked but no compatibility at all from windows to android...none...
    06-17-2011 07:17 PM
    centro was windows 6.1 right...i had a palm 800w and a palm pro 850w before my optimus s...i had to edit the source html from the gmail contacts pages and form it into a gws...or whatever format gmail uses to back up is books...the put in on gmail and then to phone....sucked but no compatibility at all from windows to android...none...
    The centro had Garnet OS 5 on it.
    06-17-2011 08:33 PM
    I too went from the centro to the opti s. I just did a bluetooth transfer of all my memos and contacts. I'm not sure on the calender though.
    I think you can export the calendar the same way you do the contacts. I still have my old Centro (it makes a nifty information LCD with PalmOrb ), so can test it out tomorrow at some point.
    06-17-2011 11:41 PM
    I did the same switch, I exported my contacts as a csv file and uploaded it into my gmail account. And thats all you need to do. The pictures and stuff were on a 8gig sd card so that was just a physical transfer.
    06-21-2011 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD