us cellular lg optimus u

zackgiles01

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Want ice cream sandwich. Have rom manager. Know how to flash but can't find anything for my LG optimus u us670. Anyone please help me want this so bad

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a LG Optimus V and there are plenty of ROMs and recoveries. A friend has the US Cellular Optimus and asked me to root his phone. I can't find much info on this site or xda.

Have you already rooted and flashed a recovery? Did you use Gingerbreak to root? What recovery did you use? As far as custom ROMs for Optimus U I haven't find any.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Want ice cream sandwich. Have rom manager. Know how to flash but can't find anything for my LG optimus u us670. Anyone please help me want this so bad

ROM Manager is a NO NO for any phones in the Optimus series. Will cause a unrecoverable brick. Just my words of advice..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah I don't use ROM Manager. I realize that is a no no for our phones.

I have 3 Rooted Optimus Vs and I am trying to help a friend with Optimus U running 2.2.2. I was wondering if anyone had used Ginergreak on an Optimus U and if so what recovery? The Optimus V and S have all kinds of ROMs and recoveries but the Optimus U had zip.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah I don't use ROM Manager. I realize that is a no no for our phones.

I have 3 Rooted Optimus Vs and I am trying to help a friend with Optimus U running 2.2.2. I was wondering if anyone had used Ginergreak on an Optimus U and if so what recovery? The Optimus V and S have all kinds of ROMs and recoveries but the Optimus U had zip.

Try Gingerroot and the evil Zerlings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

zackgiles01

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Going to try ginger root. Used Ginger break worked freak. What shoul I use to flash my roms? Idc ill even take gingerbread for sake

Sent from my LG-US670 using Android Central Forums

J33p4meplz

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Im currently having the same problem, i cant find a rom that works for my lg670 u, and my backup got corrupted. Roms seem to install fine, but they wont pick up service from uscc. Anyone have either the stock rom backup, or a rom that works? Thanks.

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
ICS? I haven't even seen a dedicated GB ROM for the Op U! I know someone with this phone that was asking me about rooting. Very little dedicated activity on this particular one. There's tons on the Sprint/VM versions. I just installed ICS on mine, though the ROM's a bit rough so far.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

zackgiles01

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I four d a Tom that worked but turned my phone into a virgin mobile phone and can't get any service / date. Can anyone help me out w that?

Sent from my LG-US670 using Android Central Forums

lgrootnoob

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
my phone is stuck at my boot animation but if i use the optimus v lg updater will it be fine cause i have u.s. cellular and i also have my clockworkmod nandroid backup from the nandroid app how do i restore those image files instead of the optimus v update
if you give me your email i will give you my optimus u files i just dont know how to flash them