How can I know if my cell phone is being hacked?

curious1984

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am new at the forum and I need your help, the help of experts. Recently I heard that android phones are not as safe as the older ones. And anybody who wants to spy your phone can achieve it only by sending a simple msg. Is this possible??? A simple message without containing a link in order the victim press on it? I recently got a message from a number I did not know and I open it. There was no link in it, just saying: "hello, is there anything left to eat again?". So I thought sb sent it to me by mistake and I answered back: "you sent the msg to the wrong person". He/she did not answer. How can I know if my cell phone is hacked and they look my messages or calls? I have an android lg P350.

Thank you!

p.s. I haven t installed an antivirus. Is it wrong? I dont enter the internet so much from my cell phone.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am new at the forum and I need your help, the help of experts. Recently I heard that android phones are not as safe as the older ones. And anybody who wants to spy your phone can achieve it only by sending a simple msg. Is this possible??? A simple message without containing a link in order the victim press on it? I recently got a message from a number I did not know and I open it. There was no link in it, just saying: "hello, is there anything left to eat again?". So I thought sb sent it to me by mistake and I answered back: "you sent the msg to the wrong person". He/she did not answer. How can I know if my cell phone is hacked and they look my messages or calls? I have an android lg P350.

Thank you!

p.s. I haven t installed an antivirus. Is it wrong? I dont enter the internet so much from my cell phone.

Get anti-virus! Netquin, Avast, something. It applies to more than just the internet. Most of the anti-virus now will detect anything on your phone

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Do not fall pry to installing anti virus programs on your phone. Its been proven n posted with plenty documentation that they don't work and not needed. DL lookout from market that's all u need. If you feel like u think your hacked just go into settings and security and do factory reset. This will wipe your android phone. Pia yes but deletes everything and let's you start over. The text was most likely a mistake it happens they felt stupid that is why they didn't reply.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree with moosc. That just sounds like a normal wrong number and like he said, they probably didn't respond because they were embarrassed.

Honestly, as long as you aren't downloading shady things, don't click on suspicious links, things like that, your phone should be fine.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
So, can our Androids be hacked or no?

Any computer can be hacked, even if it fits in your pocket...

You would have a relatively unhackable computer/phone if you remove all power from the device, seal it in a thick enough lead container and launch it into deep space or bury it deeply enough... but then it ceases to be user friendly.

BRD777

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm a complete newbie to this but I have managed to root my device and have been enjoying the benefits. Unfortunately did not do a backup before root and I fear I'm screwed. Yesterday started noticing weird stuff happening with my connection, stuff ran slower, etc. I checked my connection with Speedtest.net and it shows my IP address in Florida when I am in California. Am I hacked? Just noticed today that PlayStore was running and I didn't open it. I stopped it immediately and shut off my phone. What can I do now? I could factory reset but no backup. Will it help to change the IP? Or is a brick inevitable? Please Help.

Update: Like I said, I'm a newbie and maybe a little overcautious of my phone. I've heard you can be hacked through your IP not sure why mine is in Florida. I need to do some more reading. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Roberto Mendez

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site

Thank you!

Roberto Mendez

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I can tell u first tracking ease droping stealing information locking u out of your own devces is all real im dealing with it now .i also im looking for help ive been dealing with a hacker for almost 6 months .last nite locked me out of tablet and 2 phones .im desarate for help

asmcbrian

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
I understand your concern but I think this is pretty common with any Android user. For one, yes it is very possible for people to hack or spy your phone especially if you have it rooted. Always be careful when clicking links or downloading apps. Read reviews about them, too, so you'll know if an app is legit before you download it. Next, your case sounds like an ordinary wrongly-sent message. I don't know what network you're using but if you got a plan, some numbers are sometimes recycled/reused for some time. I, too, still receive messages intended for the previous owner. Also, I don't suggest downloading anti-virus. It sounds tempting to do so for security measures, but just like computers, the best anti-virus is to not have one. Going back to your main concern, yes. It is possible. And it's also possible for others to spy your phone or what you do with it. There are many apps that do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae