LG Optimus "zip" phone & foxfi

dlnews24

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus "zip" phone from straighttalk and downloaded the foxfi app so I could make a mobile hot spot since I live in the sticks. I can't get it to work! When I try to turn on the hot spot, I am told to use the bluetooth mode instead. My computer is an HP Pavilion running windows 7 but the 2 devices can't find each other. PLEASE can someone link me to a set of instructions? It is frustrating enough to only have dial-up for Internet on the computer. I thought this hot spot would be my answer...

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Your not allowed to do hotspots with St. You have to root to get that to work. But if you do that too much (more than 2 gigs a month) St will shut you down

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

paperboy2008

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
its called a LG optimus zip or LG L75C. its one of the straight talk phones from walmart. when you try to turn on foxfi it says" wifi mode has failed on your phone.please use bluetooth mode instead."

Michael Schleining

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
It's actually a pretty straightforward root. Google L75C root, the AndroirdArea51 result is your best bet because it has direct downloads of the 2 apps you need to root. I also needed ASTRO File Manager (available from Google Play Store) because the only way the Poot & Ministro II would work. It took me 5 minutes after hours & hours of trying different methods. The real trick is figuring out which ROM to use after it's rooted. Love my phone now though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781