Optimus F3 - Moving Apps to SD

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to try to be as specific as possible as I've done a full loop around the web twice and get nowhere. I have a Optimus F# for Virgin Mobile with around 500 MB left of Internal storage. I have a 8 GB SD card I want to move all the DL apps to. I already know about all the apps that can perform that... they aren't working. My phone has been rooted successfully also. Does anyone know of any other backdoor way to do this or know if it's actually a dead end. Annoying! Help!

:confused:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to try to be as specific as possible as I've done a full loop around the web twice and get nowhere. I have a Optimus F# for Virgin Mobile with around 500 MB left of Internal storage. I have a 8 GB SD card I want to move all the DL apps to. I already know about all the apps that can perform that... they aren't working. My phone has been rooted successfully also. Does anyone know of any other backdoor way to do this or know if it's actually a dead end. Annoying! Help!

:confused:

Part of the issue is the app developers need to support the apps to SD card feature. If they don't nothing will move.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried this but I've read that link2SD, a free app, can do this. You need a blank SD card I think and a partitioning app so that there's two partitions on the external memory. I have the same phone btw. I'm just too lazy to try it lately. Maybe tomorrow. :) best of luck!

Posted via Android Central App

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I'm tight on space so I should do it. I could use the use of a few more apps. Maybe tomorrow. Hehe

Russ Walter

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I linked sd successfully on a partitioned 32GB sd card. If you click the move to SD card button it will say your device is not supported, but don't worry you can hit create link button and it will do the same thing. My only concern with the SD card is frequently reading and writing to it usually shortens the life of the SD card. Oh well memory is cheap LOL!

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I ended up using AParted with Busy Box installed to partition and Link2SD to move. Works great.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I created a 12gb partition and I'm installing plenty now. Both are primary and fat 32. I've got a 32 gig card as well. It was worth it! I had ago little room before.

Gulley Jimson

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Bought this phone (LG Optimus F3 LS720) a month ago and followed instructions, from the video posted below in order to transfer apps to sdcard but nothing works. I rooted the phone successfully but Aparted won't allow partition claiming that the sdcard is busy. I've reformated card on computer before inserting back into phone but that doesn't help either.

Is my phone too new? Motochopper doesn't list the F3 and wondered if that might be part of the problem as the code may not be relevant to this particular model. Should I try another partition app? Ok, I'll try another app but don't think it will make a difference.

This is the easiest and easy to follow video even though it didn't work for me.
LG Optimus F3: Apps to SD Card - YouTube

Beth Leiva

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me to. Make sure Busy Box is installed too. Try clearing data on the AParted app then uninstall. Reinstall. Something about doing this worked for me. Apps are weird sometimes. Nothing to do with motochopper.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded a partition magic type app for Windows on my laptop. That's how I partitioned it. Set both partitions to primary and FAT32. I used Motochopper to root mine so it should work. Lemme know if that worked. Oh to partition on the phone you might have to unmount the memory card. In my Linux days I could only partition unmounted drives.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh I meant I did a search on download.com for partition magic but it came up with another free one. The first hit I used and it worked great.

Dave Noonan

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got a Optimus F3 (Virgin Mobile) as a temp for a few months and was very disappointed with it's lack of internal space AND lack of support for easily shifting apps to the "external" SD card. I hunted around found a bunch of stuff that didn't work and finally hit on the links below which are a video and text version of instructions for creating an app partition and then moving things to it using Link2SD.

LG Optimus F3: Move Apps to SD Card | Michael Morana

That turned out to be the same video that someone else linked so I'll just leave the link to the text instructions which were easier for me to follow.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's the developers. It's the OS starting with jelly bean. Ice cream sandwich didn't have this issue. You can move some of the same apps to SD card in Android 4.0 but not 4.1 and higher. It's something to do with stability and security I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670