Looking For Root for LG Optimus F3 virgin mobile

ridetime4

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I just recently purchased a optimus f3, and wanted to root it. I was mainly concerned with the WiFi. I wanted to know if I could create a WiFi hotspot from my unlimited data connection.
I searched up and down and couldn't find any info on this website about this root, and what benefits this particular phone could offer from rooting.
Any info or opinions? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I rooted mine using motochopper and with link2sd I can put more apps on it so it's worth it in that aspect. I used to share the net via Wi-Fi or tethered with my LG optimus V but the drivers won't work with my F3. I don't know what works for a hotspot with the F3 but there's bound to be something out there.

Posted via Android Central App

ridetime4

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So I just rooted the phone, now..... What apps do I NEED to pair with the superuser.
Sorry this is a beginner here just looking for the right advice on all this. Also what ROMs are working best for this F3?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know anything about ROMs I have to admit. As far as what apps to use, just use what fancies you. Once you're rooted any app will work, but some well have extra features that take advantage of rooting giving you more features. One I'd recommend is link2sd, where you take your memory card, partition it into two primary FAT32 partitions and you're set for installing more apps than internal memory could do by itself. You'll have to manually move apps to the memory card in link2sd , but updating does this automatically once the apps are there. There's an XDA developer's website that talks about and hosts ROMs and their developers I believe though some here might have additional info on that but XDA is the place to go for that I think. Let me know if you have more questions.

Posted via Android Central App

thend9

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I need some major help here. I have a VM LS720. I tried rooting it with MotoChopper on a PC. (I went to an internet cafe and paid since i have no PC.) I am now at the apple store and Im going to try to root it here. Is motochopper the only way to root this device? The MotoChop root on the PC failed, everything was fine until it got to the step of installing the SU binary, and then at that point it said FAILED and kicked me back to square one. I just don't get it. everyone else has rooted their optimus f3 with no problems with this method, but mine does not allow it. I need the capabilities of simple things like moving apps to SD. Manipulating startup apps to get move available system ram, and downloading apps directly to SD via a ROM. I am very computer literate, when it comes to PC's, but when it comes to droids and this new jelly bean I am a dummy. I even tried the method in the internet cafe of manually typing the steps from the batch files that comes with motochopper and it failed. Please help. Im in the apple store now, if anyone can give me feedback i'd be more than grateful. As usual just for pete's sake i hold no one responsible if iend up with a dead device ( knock on wood ) or any other loss due to any of your methods.

Hanoihancock

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I was successful rooting my LG Optimus F3 with Saferoot, but have found quite a few people running into "Kernel" errors. Sometimes Towelroot works, but I recently found Kingo and it seems to be working great. I'll post a tutorial shortly.

Xumahare

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
None of these methods are working for me, even after factory resetting my phone, both with and without installing the updates.

My phone says LG-LS720 on the Phone Identity screen, but under the battery it says VM720.

optimus_f3_ls720

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried this using Kingo and it did not work.

My phone is on build number: JZO54K if that explains anything. This updated came out about a week ago I think.

Any ideas? Thanks.

optimus_f3_ls720

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Update: FYI, I was able to root using Stumproot. Then partitioned my SD card and could move apps to it.

This is much better - how it should be! So much more space for apps now.

mann_justinmann

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I've tried rooting the LG-LS720 Optimus F3 in the past to no avail...and ended up very frustrated. But I just tried Root Stump and was amazed at how easy it was! Definitely recommend this app.

Now to figure out how I can download more apps than the stock phone allows! (Why in the WORLD would they ever think that it was a good idea to limit the number of apps you can download when there's PLENTY of extra memory)