I have a Boost Mobile LG Optimus F7, and I have been searching for a way to get my apps to my sd so they wont completely take up my internal memory. The app manager say my phone does not have a primary external storage device, or that it may be emulated(w/e that means). Please can someone give me a solution I have rooted my phone and tried all the app to sd and none of them work. I KNOW CERTAIN APPS CANNOT BE MOVED but large downloaded gamed should and there is no option any where on the phone. Im new to Android OS and dnt kno much about it. Please give me step by step instructions on how to overcome this.I am very Desperate and dnt want to have to take this awesome phone back because of storage problems. PLEASE HELP

Posted via Android Central App
    12-30-2013 01:36 PM
    If it's rooted still, install link2sd from Google Play and with either your laptop or phone, partition your memory card, a MicroSD, into two primary partitions. Make sure they have the FAT32 file system. Run link2sd and give it root permission to function and there's an option to automatically link apps you install. I use this on my F3, and it takes up internal memory still but a lot less. I've got all the apps I need. Hope this helps. Respond if you need any clarifications or wherever. Glad to help.

12-30-2013 04:09 PM
    Thank you but can you expain how to partition my sd card im not sure how

12-30-2013 04:25 PM
    I don't know how to explain it. Each app is different. Plus you want to backup the data if there's data on it, first. Some partitioning apps destroy the data in the process I think. Can anyone recommend and guide?

12-30-2013 10:43 PM
    I'll go over this as quick as possible. With a rooted phone: unmount sd card, download AParted and Busybox. Open Aparted. Select destination for partition (your sd location), go to create, and confirm when done. I did an 8 GB so I did 6.5 and selected fat32 and on the second i did 1 and ext2. When it's finished partitioning open link2sd and link selected apps to sd. Not move, but link.

12-30-2013 10:56 PM
    Thank you i will try it

12-30-2013 11:09 PM
    Ok i tried it but aparted is really complicated and has 3 tabs can you tell me how to use it i have an 8GB sd card srry to be so dumb at this but im used to iOS lol

12-31-2013 12:09 AM
    I can't explain that any clearer... to create the partition and follow all those instruction you use the tab "create". Good luck.

01-02-2014 09:03 AM
    Thanks beth worked first try and I'm a noon too all this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-26-2015 12:26 PM