LG Optimus F3 keeps going into quiet mode on its own.

Iamthetruth617

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
If been searching and other people seem to be having this problem and no answers yet. Someone please help I'm missing calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lg Optimus F3 keeps going into quiet mode on its own.

Are you sure you might not be lowering the volume accidentally when you hold the phone? I find I am always doing that even when I try to remember and be careful about that.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Iamthetruth617

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

No I tried to hold down the volume all it does is turn volume off. Quiet mode is different. I tried all the outside buttons non of them brought that option up. And I had a lock code so it can't be that either. It's really annoying wish I could figure it out.....

Shane1960

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same issue. Switches into quiet mode when just sitting on the counter. I have made sure it is not in quiet mode, and have even tried to set the schedule to only turn on for 1 minute when it is on, but nothing helps. Phone is useless if you can't get inbound call/texts/email notification. Need help with this.

vermatori

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I've been having the same problem. I can't even do this intentionally when my screen is locked but somehow it ends up in quiet mode while the phone is just sitting on the desk. I've tried going into quiet mode settings and allowing all contacts and repeat callers to bypass it, I'll see how that works but a fix is preferred.:-\

Karimylo

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep my phone is doing the same thing. just sitting here on the counter picked it up and i missed 6 calls and 5 texts. Useless as a phone, making a good paper weight though. so sick of manufacturers rushing phones out that aren't ready.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, if you're on Sprint or Boost Mobile, it sounds like a Network problem. Even though Sprint is usually pretty good for call quality where I am, I sometimes get dropped calls and only get a voice mail. Sometimes late texts, also, plus false starts with sending them.

But that's not to say it can't be the phone, but in my case it's the carrier network.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Siobhan Kenna

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I have finally found how to fix my LG Optimus 5 silence mode issue! I have downloaded an app called Battery Doctor. There is a setting in the main "mode" that had a silence on/off button. Mine was set to on. I changed it to off and I have had complete control over my sound ever since!!
Sioboop

cacambo43

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else figured out how to fix this, besides the last option (adding another app)? My wife's phone has started doing this OFTEN (along with turing on WiFi when NOT ASKED by her or any apps set to do so). She's really close to returning the phone as defective or something. She has missed some very important calls because of this.

CJSF

LtOzaki

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same phone, same problem. I spent hours on Google and no one has a solution that I could find.

I just decided to contact LG directly through live chat, they told me the only solution to this problem is to factory reset your phone. I have yet to factory reset mine because of what a huge hassle this is going to be for such a stupid problem but I hope maybe it will help you guys since it appears no one is actually posting any answer to this problem.

I will get back to you all when I have reset my phone to see if it finally puts an end to this but it might be some time, not in the mood of reinstalling everything I had on the phone and backing up my contacts right now. If you happen to see it works for you, please post here so I can see myself and at least know it works for real.

It started happening on my phone ever since I hit "Quiet Mode" on accident, it never happened before then at all and I have had the phone for months now since last year, it has been the only problem I have ran into with this phone luckily. I guess I can't complain because it is leagues better than the old Optimus Elite I had, now that phone was a piece of crap and had so many problems, on top of the battery life sucking terribly.

lgoptimusv5

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
LG Optimus F3 on VM.
Kept going into quiet mode on it's own everyday.
Noticed the 'Smart Stay' icon would appear randomly.
Used 'Disable Services' app to disable Smart Stay (Rooted)
No more random Quiet Mode :)

Reshortu

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
suddenly had this issue - nothing seemed to work.

then one day i just decided to create an schedule for the quite-mode: from 4am to 5am.

the phone has been going into quiet-mode at 4am, and coming OUT of quiet mode at 5am.....and not turning quiet mode on randomly anymore.

problem....solved?

meh - it works for me.

Hanoihancock

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the scheduled quiet mode is set to turn itself on every day. Great feature! I wish restaurants, theaters, and cars had a device by which to force phones into quiet mode by proximity.

rdjohnson56

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Just now went in to my LG and tried this. Stand by. We'll see if it works for me. I am so glad I found this forum. This problem has been driving me nuts for some time now, too. Ridiculous.

mdbandit

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem.
So heres the fix.
Go into the quiet mode, put a check in the box that says schedual. Now un-highlight all the days of the week. Now take the check back out of the box.
Thats it problem solved!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz