Rooted my Virgin LG Optimus F3

CHELKO

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
New here, found this forum searching on how to root this phone properly. I did so following numerous threads and videos I read and watched. I used motochopper, apps2sd, sd partition, etc. It worked well, but once i shut the phone down, it will not start up......at all! I even tried to safe boot it holding down the start and volume buttons. This thing is dead.....any way of getting it back working?
Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
New here, found this forum searching on how to root this phone properly. I did so following numerous threads and videos I read and watched. I used motochopper, apps2sd, sd partition, etc. It worked well, but once i shut the phone down, it will not start up......at all! I even tried to safe boot it holding down the start and volume buttons. This thing is dead.....any way of getting it back working?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.
I need a little more information. What else did you do? Did you move anything to the SD card?

CHELKO

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I think so, but when I did all the apps disappeared from my home page. I had to go to the play store to load them again. Then the SD showed very little space? That's when I went to settings to unmount the card and also reboot phone. That's when it didn't start up.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think so, but when I did all the apps disappeared from my home page. I had to go to the play store to load them again. Then the SD showed very little space? That's when I went to settings to unmount the card and also reboot phone. That's when it didn't start up.

Sorry, just saw this now. I am curious if a system file got moved to the SD card. As of right now, I think your only way to save the device is to find a JTAG service.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

CustomMadeNewbie

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.. I'm a little new to this "Rooting" although I did manage to root my old Samsung Intercept from 3 years ago with Intercept root kit. I now have a LG Optimus F3 from Virgin Mobile, and I cannot get the d*** thing to root... Even with MotoChopper. I keep getting the error message "FAILURE", and when I check root status using HowToRoot, SuperUser, and others it always says that superuser not accessible. I installed the windows usb drivers, tried running MotoChopper, and even tried to run the ADB file directly but nothing seems to work. I think that maybe?? Virgin installed a custom froyo or jellybean that has the latest exploits blocked? Any help would be great, as I am about ready to just take a hammer to it...LMAO!