What is this Icon, and how do i get rid of it?

Choice Rhymez

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have this icon in my notification bar that i can't get rid of. Its square with what looks like mountains in it. The only way I can get rid of it is to force stop my messaging app, but it just comes back when my phone battery dies or i turn my phone off and on. When i press the notification it brings me to a empty compose a message screen.

v1v14n

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That is the screenshot icon. You can clear notifications or once you view that screenshot/pic in gallery that icon would disappear.

Sent from my GT-P3100

telsea

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have this icon in my notification bar that i can't get rid of. Its square with what looks like mountains in it. The only way I can get rid of it is to force stop my messaging app, but it just comes back when my phone battery dies or i turn my phone off and on. When i press the notification it brings me to a empty compose a message screen.

It's not a screenshot icon. I'm aware of what that looks like. My brother has the icon that the OP described. There is a number showing and when you click on it pulls up an empty compose message screen.

We can't clear it and the phone won't turn off. I have removed the sim card. Power the phone on/off and then replaced the sim card to no avail.

I called the number that is showing on the notification and it's someone who we don't know and he said he's not sending anything so it appears to be a bogus notification that we can't remove.

Rick2332

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an icon that looks like the twin towers, two solid rectangles. I pull up my application manager to see what is running but as soon as I do they disappear. Nothing is specific when I drag down the notification bar. I've checked Samsung websites but there is nothing there that identifies this notification. It happens sporadically and it creeps me out.

Posted via Android Central App