Yesterday, without any notice a long list of threads of text messages disappeared, there were a good amount of locked messages, pictures, even videos; when I noticed it, I immediately restarted the phone, to no avail... I had some important information that I wouldn't want to see lost in oblivion.
    I tried some free recovery software, but all they could scan were the messages that I sent or received after the "cleanup", I could retrieve deleted pictures from the gallery, that included only the pictures that I had saved to the SD card from text messages (the ones that I did not save were gone), the app is DrFone, has a free trial, when it comes to restore the data, then you have to pay, well I don't think it's wort paying if it can't find the information that I need.
    My phone is an LG-LG870
    Does anybody know why this happened? (don't want it to happen again) and if there is a way to dig that data out from oblivion?
    Thanks,
    10-23-2014 05:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I can't say why it happened, but maybe you could contact your carrier and see if there's any way for the to recover any messages from their server.
    10-24-2014 02:09 AM
    I'm sorry, I'm no help at all, but the exact same thing happened to me today!!
    All messages just disappeared. No idea why, and no recovery program can find them.
    Devastated.
    Hope you find a solution and would love for you to pass it on if you do
    11-11-2014 06:36 AM