LG Optimus F3 not rooting

Xumahare

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought an LG Optimus F3 for Virgin Mobile from Wal-Mart, for about $80 (compared to the $130 on the Virgin Mobile site). The model number beneath the battery says VM720, but the model number in the Phone Identity screen says LG-LS720.

I've tried every single rooting method I've found on here and other websites, and none of them worked. I've tried Motochopper, PurpleDrake-Lite, Bin4ry, Saferoot (Windows and .apk), Spectrum Root, Kingo, Framaroot, Stump, and Towelroot. (I've probably been lucky to not brick my phone, but it never seemed to get far enough for that to even be a possibility.)

Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband Version: M8930B-AAAATAZM-3.2.2471
Kernal Version: 3.4.0
Build Number: JZO54K
Software Version: LS720ZV8

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide. I'm sick of not having enough room for apps despite my 8GB SD card (which has always been sufficient for me, and would be still if I could move apps to it).

EDIT: Also, if anyone could provide me with some recommended kernals and ROMs, I would appreciate it, if it's even possible to root this phone. Virgin Mobile always seems to lock their phones hard.

Also, a bit more info for what I've tried: I've tried everything I found for both the VM Optimus F3 and the LG Optimus F3, because of my phone's conflicting model numbers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer