Hello,

I hope you all be comprehensive that, if you know something about this, that I believe is something simple compared to all the roots and mods than can be seen in other topics, you may feel sympathetically tempted in answering this question =).

Well, I have a phone from LG, model F60, and it has the operating system Android 4.4.4 KitKat, however, I feel this question is so simple that this information may even not be necessary.

I would like to know if there's a method of defining any app as default to any given type of file, even if it's not under any category, like trying to assign a browser as the default app for launching mp3 files.

Of course, this is an exaggerated example, but the case is that I would like to define some apps as default for some files and I'm not being able to because they're not on a category of "audio" or "browser", for an example.

Another question is, I would like to ask what is the reason that some apps that have folder browser function to show different levels of the root folders (like, /emulated, /0 , /external_SD). In some apps, you can choose between the internal and external storages and browse the subfolders, in others you start at the root of the internal, or of the external storage, and in some, neither.
    It is possible to control that?

I thank you all very much in advance for any cooperation =).
    03-23-2015 08:50 PM
    I would like to know if there's a method of defining any app as default to any given type of file, even if it's not under any category, like trying to assign a browser as the default app for launching mp3 files.
    Sort of. If you launch an mp3 file by tapping on the file, and an app runs, go to Application manager, find that app and "Clear defaults". That makes that app no longer the default app for music. Then launch the mp3 file again and you'll be given a choice of apps to open it with. choose the app, then tap Always. Android works more on file function than extension. Audio files are audio files, video files are video files, etc.

Of course, this is an exaggerated example, but the case is that I would like to define some apps as default for some files and I'm not being able to because they're not on a category of "audio" or "browser", for an example.
    They're in some category. Launch the file and when you're given the choice, make it the Always app. (You can always change that in Application manager.)

Another question is, I would like to ask what is the reason that some apps that have folder browser function to show different levels of the root folders (like, /emulated, /0 , /external_SD). In some apps, you can choose between the internal and external storages and browse the subfolders, in others you start at the root of the internal, or of the external storage, and in some, neither.
    It is possible to control that?
    When you're writing the app, yes. When you're a user of the app, no. The developer decides where to start the browse.
    03-23-2015 10:42 PM