Greetings all,

I have the above referenced phone. Here are its software specifics: Operating System: Android 4.4 Baseband version: MPSS.TR.1.0-01754-M8610BAAAANAZM-1 Kernel version: 3.4.0+ Build number: KRT16S.L34CV10c Software version: L34CV10c.

I have rooted the phone using Kingo Root and I have their SuperUser app installed.

What I am trying to accomplish is to utilize the 32GB of available space on the installed SD Card for storing applications and their data as well as other mutlimedia files.

I am being thwarted in my efforts by the fact that the phone seems to be NAND locked, making access to the space on the SD Card a virtual impossibility.

What I am hoping for is someone who knows quite a bit about LG phones to guide me in finding the bootloader file and changing the S switch from On to Off. Or to recommend another means for me to be able to utilize my SD Card's space in the manner I wish to.

Thanks in advance!
    08-06-2015 10:17 AM
    For 4.4, I'd go with External 2 Internal SD (Root). That mounts your external card as sd0, so all downloads, app installs, etc., go to the card, and internal storage (which is less than 2GB, so you can pretty much forget about it) is mounted as sd1. (The normal mount sequence is the other way, and the phone uses sd0 as its "normal" storage.

So you'll have a 32GB "internal storage" phone.
    LordDarkStar likes this.
    08-06-2015 11:27 AM
    Thank you ever so much Rukbat! That sounds exactly like what I want to accomplish.

In the meantime, I have performed a hard reset on my phone and now for reasons that are a complete mystery to me, the widget for the default dialer is not present on my home page (nor can I find it in the list of installed apps - although it does show up as active when I go into manage apps) and the built in contacts management app is completely MIA. I re-installed Contacts+ and the Contacts+ dialer. I can make outgoing calls OK, but calls made to my smart phone go directly to voice mail. And when I try to re-add my contacts into Contacts+, I get a message that 'No application found for this action'. Weird, huh? Would you have any thoughts as to what has gone wrong and what, if anything, I can do to fix it?
    08-12-2015 08:17 AM
    OK folks. As things turned out, my L34C had crapped out and finally has been replaced. I'm now ready to proceed with the installation of External 2 Internal SD (Root), but first, it looks like I am going to need to re-format my 32 GB SD Card since the new L34C reports it as empty.. What I do not remember completely is how to do this using the Aparted app and the particulars about the partitions to be created. I'm thinking I want two partitions, both active. The first partition being Fat32 format and the second, ext2 format. Am I correct? What size shall I make the partitions? 2GB for the FAT32 and 30GB for the ext2?

Thanks in advance for the refresher course!

Dark Star
    09-01-2015 05:26 AM