Straight Talk T-Mobile based SIM. No data connection, mms, etc

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Okay, So I'm EXTREMELY frustrated at this point. Yesterday everything was working fine. I've tried to update my APN settings and trust me, I've spent hours on the internet trying every different one. I've done the whole reboot thing, airplane mode is off, wifi is off to see if it connects to the internet or 4G. Nothing. I am using Straight Talk, former TMobile user. My phone is an LG Optimus L90. Please do not give me apn settings for AT&T as I have already tried this, as well as tmobile apn settings. I've done the whole wap.tracfone apn settings too but to no avail. I can't even place a phone call to talk to Straight Talk about this issue. My phone keeps telling me there is no service, no connectivity (even though my data connection is set to on) Someone please help me :(

jnsooner

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you fix your issue? I had the same problem. Played with the APN, restarted, reseated the SIM card, toggled airplane mode, etc. I finally went into the Testing Menu (Dial *#*#4636#*#*), tapped the vertical ellipsis, chose Select Radio Band > USA Band (T-Mobile), then chose Enable Data Connection. LTE popped right up. Hope this helps!

Edit: I found your post while troubleshooting a Nexus 5x, but just noticed your phone is different. Could still apply though.

Last edited: