Please help with access to Google Play Store...getting error message has stopped unexpectedly.

yeto

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG Optimus Dynamic L38C phone. OS = 2.3 Gingerbread (Google Play Store = 3.4.7)

I just received this phone new from Tracfone and I am getting the following error message when trying to access the Play Store: The application google play store (process android. com.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have searched and it is said that the fix is to uninstall latest Google Play update. I don't see where there is an option to do this in apps manager. The only option I see is to clear data and cache which I have tried but it didn't help.

These are the running processes and services:
settings 9.5MB (1 process and 0 services)
software update 3.3MB (1 process and 1 service)
Wiper App 1.7MB (1 process and 1 service)
Google Services 10 MB (1 process and 2 service)
LG Keyboard 5.8MB (1 process and 1 service)

Could someone share what it means and the difference when processes and services are running? What is the difference between processes and services? Also, would anyone know of anything I could try so that I can access the Google Play Store?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone actually brand new? It would boggle my mind that people are still getting new phones with Gingerbread these days.

Make sure your Google Play Services is up to date. Go to the Google Play Services app site on your computer browser, click the Install button, and see if your phone shows up as needing an update.

You shouldn't have to pay attention to the processes and services that are running. Services are functions that are performed in the background that don't require a user interface, like the Download Manager. Read more here: Services | Android Developers. Here's an explanation for processes as well: Processes and Threads | Android Developers

yeto

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I installed the update but no difference. Should I do the same for the Play Store and if so could you send the link?

Thank you for all your help,
yeto

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try installing the apk file of a recent version of Google Play Store, but I wonder if it might not be compatible with a Gingerbread phone. Android Police is a good source of these apk files--try here: [Update: APK Download] Google Play Store v5.8 Rolling Out With Hamburger-Arrow Morphing Animation. To install it, you have to go to Settings>Security and make sure Unknown Sources is checked on first. Then download the apk file, go to your Downloads, and tap it to execute the installation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463