lg f7 stuck in a logo loop

lewisschultz88

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
my gf and i just got a LG optimus 870 f7 and a couple days later while i was sending a text it crashed and i try to turn it back on and it stops at the lg logo and turns back off. i did a litle research and there apears to be no os i downloaded jeallybean 4.1.2 winziped it and then copyed to an sd card that is where i am stuck on how to install it on my phone please help so i can fix my phone thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get them brand new or used? If they're brand new, I doubt that the OS disappeared--it's more likely that either the firmware is corrupt, or there's a hardware problem. Is this happening with both F7's?

In order to install firmware, the phone would have to be rooted. If you can't get the phone to boot, then you won't be able to root it. Are you able to return the phone and get a refund? Or is it still under warranty by LG?

MarkoCCA

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It seems like soft brick, i doubt OS disappeared, if its rooted and with custom recovery installed just clean dalvik cache(or just cache) and factory reset it would work fine

Posted via the Android Central App

videokid14

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
i have a similar problem. i was playing spades on my f7 and it restarted and just kept bootlooping. i havent rooted it or nothing?? any way to fix without losing pictures?? i do not have an sd card in it!

Last edited: