I hope I'm in the right place. Boy is this forum huge! Anyway, I have an Lgl55c. It's ancient, I know. I got it through a free service program called Access Wireless. I've had problems since I've gotten the phone. Right out of the box, the phone had a 4gb micro sd card and still ran Android Market. Upon accessing the Market to download an alternate keyboard app, everything began to update to the Play Store and related apps. This uses up the entire memory of the phone and downloading even one additional app causes massive failure with the phone. The first time this happened, the phone got stuck in a boot loop and took me three days to fix. I then had a problem where the phone dropped calls, never rang, and the battery discharged after two hours of non-use (roughly 20 minutes of use). I did a factory reset but am still running into memory problems. I cannot move any apps to my sd card. I've also tried with a 16 gb card.

I'm thinking rooting is the only way to get this phone in a working order. However, I can't seem to find a way to do it on a Mac. Is there a way to do so? I'd like to be able to move everything to the 16 gb card so that I can download an alternative keyboard and be able to send text messages without apps sending out warnings that they cannot function due to lack of space.

Thank you for any help that may solve this. I do wish I could afford a phone that I pay for every month, but alas!
    04-07-2016 04:16 PM
    I hope I'm in the right place. Boy is this forum huge! Anyway, I have an Lgl55c. It's ancient, I know. I got it through a free service program called Access Wireless. I've had problems since I've gotten the phone. Right out of the box, the phone had a 4gb micro sd card and still ran Android Market. Upon accessing the Market to download an alternate keyboard app, everything began to update to the Play Store and related apps. This uses up the entire memory of the phone and downloading even one additional app causes massive failure with the phone. The first time this happened, the phone got stuck in a boot loop and took me three days to fix. I then had a problem where the phone dropped calls, never rang, and the battery discharged after two hours of non-use (roughly 20 minutes of use). I did a factory reset but am still running into memory problems. I cannot move any apps to my sd card. I've also tried with a 16 gb card.

I'm thinking rooting is the only way to get this phone in a working order. However, I can't seem to find a way to do it on a Mac. Is there a way to do so? I'd like to be able to move everything to the 16 gb card so that I can download an alternative keyboard and be able to send text messages without apps sending out warnings that they cannot function due to lack of space.

Thank you for any help that may solve this. I do wish I could afford a phone that I pay for every month, but alas!
    Welcome to Android Central!

What version of Android is the phone running on?
    04-12-2016 08:24 AM
    I would say KingRoot, but it's NOT safe, found out in google that some logged into their google account.

Try Framaroot. For devices 2.0 to 4.X.X

ATTENTION: ROOTING WILL VOID THE WARRANTY!

Also, it can brick your phone.
    08-29-2017 03:29 AM