LG Optimus F3 LS720 Android 4.1.2 - can I upgrade Android Version ?

blueribb

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm 65 and retired. I am NOT a cell phone person (newbie). I recently signed up with Ring Plus and chose their Michelangelo (free) plan and purchased an LG Optimus F3 LS720 from them. I was not aware of the Android version when I purchased it. I tried to install the Wells Fargo Mobile App but it is not compatible with my version of Android (4.1.2), so I found and installed an earlier version of the App (Oct 2015). It installed fine but the mobile check deposit feature is disabled. According to Wells Fargo, only the latest version (which supports Android 4.4 and up) will run the mobile check deposit feature.

Ring Plus has yet to answer my support ticket about trading in the phone (less than a month old). Can the version of Android be upgraded on this phone ?

Update: I contacted LG and they said there is no newer version of Android for my phone

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but 4.12 is the latest version it was designed to accept. With 4GB of storage and 1GB of RAM, even if someone did write a modification to a later version so it would match that phone, I doubt it would run on it. (That's one reason people get new phones every few years - which sucks more than eggs when your income is from a government check.)

roberteweil

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm 65 and retired. I am NOT a cell phone person (newbie). I recently signed up with Ring Plus and chose their Michelangelo (free) plan and purchased an LG Optimus F3 LS720 from them. I was not aware of the Android version when I purchased it. I tried to install the Wells Fargo Mobile App but it is not compatible with my version of Android (4.1.2), so I found and installed an earlier version of the App (Oct 2015). It installed fine but the mobile check deposit feature is disabled. According to Wells Fargo, only the latest version (which supports Android 4.4 and up) will run the mobile check deposit feature.

Ring Plus has yet to answer my support ticket about trading in the phone (less than a month old). Can the version of Android be upgraded on this phone ?

Update: I contacted LG and they said there is no newer version of Android for my phone

roberteweil

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem but I found a workaround for it. In your browser go to the Wells Fargo website. Then create a shortcut from the website by tapping on the menu and scrolling down to "Add to Homescreen." Works fine for me on
Android 4.1.2

blueribb

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I kept trying the older version of the Wells Fargo app and finally got it to work. Every now and then the mobile check deposit feature won't advance to the "enter amount" or "next" screen. I just keep trying and it will eventually work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze