I have an LG Optimus Exceed 2, and last week, the letters on my keyboard disappeared. Now, that wasn't too big a deal, since I already have my keyboard memorized, but when I went to go turn it on Saturday morning after it died Friday night, some more problems began rising. The device would now be able to initialize wifi or blutooth, and would crash every time I tried to open an app, whether it be something just on the phone like contacts or youtube red. Eventually, it began just crashing and resetting every ten minutes or so. Of course, my first thought is "I have a virus, so maybe a factory reset on my device would do it a lot of good, since everything I have is backed up to my google cloud." So, I put it into a factory reset, and it was doing well, although I was not able to get out of the setup wizard. Eventually, I looked up how to bypass that on youtube, but now it won't even go into setup wizard, it just keep replaying that Verizon power on screen with the glowing checkmark over and over on a constant loop. Can anyone tell me what to do!? I don't have any money to be able to go buy another phone, and have no money to put service on my device, so I can't get any information from the Verizon wireless online support chat feed. I need this device because it's about the only thing that I have to be able to get a hold of anyone for about any reason.
    11-14-2016 10:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but you might be out of luck. It sounds like either failing hardware or corrupt firmware. Are you saying that this is a Verizon phone, but you no longer use it on Verizon? Have you tried contacting LG support?

See if you're able to use Verizon's Software Upgrade Assistant to repair the phone's system: verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-164676/
    11-14-2016 10:43 AM
    I put the device into another factory reset after wiping the cache from the boot menu, and now it's at the home screen, though the wifi and bluetooth are still not working, and the letters on the keyboard are still missing. I can't really do anything by hooking it up to a computer, my only laptop is running debian linux and doesn't even recognize that there's a device there. I can't get the program as an app on the phone, seen as how it won't connect to internet.
    11-14-2016 11:01 AM
    Any friends who have a PC you can use for a short time?

Also, try booting into Safe Mode: verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99299/
    11-14-2016 11:10 AM