Warning, not dumb but I am an expert NUBE!! Posting with my PC.

Need to gain back some space on my P769. The main target is some google apps that I am stuck with. But also taking out some bloat ware would be nice. And freeing up some t-mobile restrictions would be cool.

Went for the How to Geek methods which were not LG specific and looked like a monster for this phone. 24 full document pages! UGH!

Want to be able to root then later unroot, at least to keep my carrier happy in case of a problem.

Any relatively (unlike HTG's) easy way to root & unroot safely?

Thanks for the help Guys, Jim ...BUMP i FEEL LONELY
    07-20-2017 03:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. Take a look here:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...=1#post4908276
    07-20-2017 03:38 PM
    HEY, had to do same thing on this pc2 as I did on pc1 to get the reply windows rectangles working.

Just in case, I googled "flash cdma phone" and got this:
    Make sure you are trying to flash a CDMA phone. CDMA stands for Code Division Multiple Access. If you are uncertain whether your phone is CDMA or not, remove the battery and look for a removable subscriber identity module (SIM) card under the battery. If there isn't a SIM card, you indeed have a CDMA phone that can be flashed.

GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) phones can't be flashed (like AT&T and T-Mobile). Metro, Sprint, Cricket, Boost, Verizon and many others are CDMA and thus can be flashed because they're not controlled by the SIM card. (Since Metro has merged with T-Mobile they have introduced phones with SIM cards so flashing may vary from phone to phone.)
    How to Flash a Phone: 15 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

My carrier is Ting who uses T-Moble and my phone also has a T-Moble OS and I do have a SD card.

Please readjust your answer, thanks, Jim

Yawn!!
    07-21-2017 12:37 PM