07-18-2012 05:01 PM
131 1234 ...
tools
    Just ordered a the battery (thanks for the cupon mmarz! )
    My case won't fit with this new battery cover, but I can deal with
    it for the extra battery life.
    07-26-2011 11:00 PM
    Opinions, comments, will it explode in fiery death? 3000 mAh battery for Optimus S
    got my battery today, here's a picture of it in my palm. Does add some heft to it, not sure I like it. Might give it to my mom who doesn't want to put bumblebee on hers. She doesn't like the constant charging it needs.

Charging now, will take a few days to see how I like charging less frequently and if its worth it.

Yes I know my desk is a mess, don't give me a hard time
    07-29-2011 12:50 PM
    Well my first discharge from 100% down to 3% took 3 days 9 hours. Now I will flash Bumblebee and see how it does with a full charge.
    07-29-2011 11:12 PM
    Just got back fromthe local sprint store, the s batteries fit right in the V, so there should be no issues
    07-30-2011 05:21 PM
    Just got back fromthe local sprint store, the s batteries fit right in the V, so there should be no issues
    If u take a look at the inside of the stock back cover u will notice its for a sprint model. There are no major differences in hardware between the V and S.
    07-30-2011 05:57 PM
    Got mine
    watskyhotsky and kcls like this.
    07-31-2011 09:53 AM
    Well this time its taking awhile so thought I would drop an update. The first draw was without any battery calibrating at all. This time after I thought I had it fully charged. (phone off plugged in and the battery image stopped charging cycle) I did a battery history wipe in recovery then shut off and to my surprise the phone charged for another 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say I didn't expect to have my phone off for that long that day. I wiped the battery data again and this time it only charged for about 30 seconds before showing full.

Now with Bumblebee I do expect the life span to be longer than first time with ath3nos's CM7 but its getting crazy imo. I am at 4 days 2-3 hours and it reads 46%. I admit for the avg this is lite use but WIFI and 3G are on fully time no sleep I run and use GrooveIP for many outgoing calls per day and give the phone to my son at least once a day for 5 mins or so while we are in the car and he gets whiny.(hes 5yrs) He plays angry birds like a champ. He has opened more levels than I. Its also my main alarm clock with like 4 set.
    Eollie, notown and SuppliedRelic like this.
    08-03-2011 06:52 PM
    Ended up racking up 6 days 12 mins and yes I quit using it for the most part for the last 4 hours so it would break 6 days but hey atleast I admit it. I would guess from the use I had that the avg user could easily see 3 days consistently on this battery with above avg usage. It also charges up from about 5% to full in about 4 1/2 hours turned on.

On a side note I expected this battery to get alittle hotter than the stock one but that wasn't the case at all and may not be the same for all but mine stays under 90F all the time and rarely is over 70F unless from body heat. Even during a 4 hours stress test with screen on it was only 72F at 69F room temp left on a fake wood desk. 66.2F seems to be ambient temp
    kraven and kimberlyinmn like this.
    08-05-2011 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the updates! I just placed an order for an extended battery. (I'm going to miss my purple rubberized case...)
    08-05-2011 06:25 PM
    I've been using my first charge of it and an currently at 30% just under two days. Tonight I'm going to clear battery stats and check again. Using harmonia.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-05-2011 06:33 PM
    I am hoping someone who uses a silicone softcase might try and stretch it around after they install the new battery. There could be afew out there that will fit this fat thing now but hard to tell from pics. So if anyone trys it plz tell us what happens and where we might find some. plz.
    08-06-2011 12:08 PM
    I am hoping someone who uses a silicone softcase might try and stretch it around after they install the new battery. There could be afew out there that will fit this fat thing now but hard to tell from pics. So if anyone trys it plz tell us what happens and where we might find some. plz.
    I will post as pic when I get mine but I don't think my silicone case will fit. I have to wait for my birthday though thats at the end of this month.
    08-06-2011 04:34 PM
    I was seeing how long mine could last and I fell asleep (was on 2 days) . I think i may have killed it permanently, or drained it too much. I left it to charge, after it died sometime while i slept, and it hasn't moved over 1%. If bad comes to worse, I'll just buy a new one. They're not that expensive.
    08-12-2011 12:37 AM
    I was seeing how long mine could last and I fell asleep (was on 2 days) . I think i may have killed it permanently, or drained it too much. I left it to charge, after it died sometime while i slept, and it hasn't moved over 1%. If bad comes to worse, I'll just buy a new one. They're not that expensive.
    Did u wipe battery data yet?
    08-12-2011 12:39 AM
    Yea a couple of times actually. I thought it could have just got out of sync. Also put my original battery back in to test and it charges fine. Tried a different charger too.

Edit - Wait a minute. I just checked. I bought a new charger earlier that puts out at 1A charge instead of my 700mA that came with the phone. After sitting at 1% for 2 and a half hours, it just moved. I guess it just took a while. Well, thanks for the reply anyways. Maybe it's ok now.
    08-12-2011 12:55 AM
    -snip-
    08-12-2011 12:58 AM
    How does this affect the speaker sound quality? I seems like it has to go through a lot more plastic now.
    08-13-2011 09:32 AM
    How does this affect the speaker sound quality? I seems like it has to go through a lot more plastic now.
    IMHO it sounds better. Kinda how the bose radios use the internal ports to extend sound waves but no where near as good. The general range of sound is nicer and if it gets covered u can still hear it. With the camera it reduces glare.
    08-13-2011 11:36 AM
    I can agree with the camera glare. The cone on the back really makes better pictures.

Also here's a picture of my day with heavy use (Star Legends, texting, some wifi, 3g enabled, pandora through work, and web browsing) though the day. I dont think I could go back to that tiny battery.
    08-16-2011 11:32 PM
    I can agree with the camera glare. The cone on the back really makes better pictures.

Also here's a picture of my day with heavy use (Star Legends, texting, some wifi, 3g enabled, pandora through work, and web browsing) though the day. I dont think I could go back to that tiny battery.
    whats the name of the app to track the battery usage?
    08-17-2011 11:39 AM
    whats the name of the app to track the battery usage?
    It's a CM7 thing if u click on the graft in the battery use u will c it

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with BACKside IHO CM7
    08-17-2011 11:57 AM
    Settings > About phone > Battery Use > tap the graph at the top.
    08-17-2011 03:59 PM
    I just ordered one, coupon code in first post is still valid, makes it $15.99 shipped. Great deal! Thanks much, can't wait to get days of use even on a Gingerbread ROM
    08-17-2011 06:03 PM
    This is awesome. I absolutely can't stand the awful battery life on the stock battery. I ordered one, thanks!
    08-18-2011 01:14 AM
    Wow, in the pictures it's HUUUUUUGE but I'll take 3 days of battery life, and the extra heft and thickness could be nice, making it easier to grip. So glad to hear that this is working out well for you guys, I just ordered one!
    08-24-2011 04:45 PM
131 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD