3000 mAh battery

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for mine, although the tracking number says it'll finally be leaving Hong Kong today. Well probably between 8pm and 8am tomorrow morning (the 24th, as it says it'll be leaving Hong Kong on the 24th...but they're twelve hours ahead of EDT). I'm excited for it! haha

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I paid extra for the tracking number...but only because I like to follow my packages :)

I figured I could tell my story as an average approximation for how long it might take.

I ordered mine on September 13th at nearly 2am EDT. Received the e-mail that it had shipped Sept 14th at 11pm EDT. Got the e-mail with the tracking number Sept 15th around 11pm EDT. According to the tracking number my package left Hong Kong on the Sept 24th. I'll update when I receive it but so far that's roughly 2 weeks from time of order to now. I'm not complaining, the battery was a good deal, and as long as it arrives within a week from now I'll be happy :)

EDIT: It arrived!

So it only took about 2 1/2 weeks. lol

Last edited:

skuly

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered two of the 3600mAh batteries from ebay and they came within 2 weeks but i had them sent to my brother who lives in awhile away from me because i bought one for him, and he came to visit today and gave me my battery so im charging it now, my black rubber case on it doesn't fit anymore but at least it still fits in clip-on pouch/case.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not as fat as I thought it would be. Then again this is my first android phone, I'm used to fat and cheap feature phones (Samsung Intensity, Samsung Smooth, LG Rumor 2)

Also seemed like I was able to get slightly better reception. This could just be a placebo effect though.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a very similar battery off amazon the other day. Chose that one over the one in this thread because it ships out much sooner and isn't coming direct from overseas so shipping time itself is 3-5 days.
Lets hope it's worth $20.

dlaxtn2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
hi I was wondering what the final test results were for the 3600maH battery did those end up proving to be better on battery life then the 3000s did.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have 3600mah and it doesn't seem as good as 3000mah. I only get about 12-15 hrs per charge.
If your willing to tear it apart I would bet you will find bad cells and/or very underrated cells. I know you know how to reset bat stats and recal them so something is not right with that battery pack.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
On the website with the battery, for shipping it says "Free shipping" and then there is also "Registered Airmail." Now with the "Registered Airmail you pay $2.49 to get a tracking code. But the part that confuses me is it says "Processing time 2-3 business days.) Registered Airmail with tracking code 10-20 business days." What does the 10-20 business day mean? Also is there a site that I can buy this from that will ship within a week? I know Amazon can but the highest battery life I could was 2800 mAh. Any help?

EDIT: I'm conifdent I'm going to get the 2800 mAh off of amazon. I cant imagine there is a significant difference in 3000 and 2800. I'll post back when I get it!
EDIT 2: Just found out it'll take 17-28 days to get here... is there any other place I can buy from where I'll get it in at least a week?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
On the website with the battery, for shipping it says "Free shipping" and then there is also "Registered Airmail." Now with the "Registered Airmail you pay $2.49 to get a tracking code. But the part that confuses me is it says "Processing time 2-3 business days.) Registered Airmail with tracking code 10-20 business days." What does the 10-20 business day mean? Also is there a site that I can buy this from that will ship within a week? I know Amazon can but the highest battery life I could was 2800 mAh. Any help?

EDIT: I'm conifdent I'm going to get the 2800 mAh off of amazon. I cant imagine there is a significant difference in 3000 and 2800. I'll post back when I get it!
EDIT 2: Just found out it'll take 17-28 days to get here... is there any other place I can buy from where I'll get it in at least a week?

I bought this one off amazon:
Amazon.com: 2800mAh Mobile Battery For LS670, Optimus S Extended With Back Cover: MP3 Players & Accessories
I ordered it 9/30/11 and received it today 10/11/11
It was supposed to get here in 3-5 days, but that didn't happen. I'm charging the battery now and then doing a calibration so we'll see how long it lasts.

EDIT:
The price seems to have gone up since I bought it. I only paid $20 shipped for mine. I bought it because I didn't want to wait forever to get it, but I ended up waiting a long time anyway. If I were to do it again, I'd buy the one listed originally in this tread.

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
2-3 days means thats how long it will take for them to fill the order the 10 to 20 days is how long it is expected to get to you AFTER the order is filled. took about 2 weeks to get mine.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I ended up ordering a 2nd 3000mAh battery. The first one only took 9 days from placing the order and receiving it. This second one took 18 days but had like 4 more customs dept. stamps on it. It didn't seem as well put together either. I know these are just cells sticker-ed together but it was funny. The bottom plastic plate was loose in the bag but stuck back in place when pressed back in, the sticker wasn't even put on straight. I had to peel it off abit and replace to straighten it out so it covered the metal. It works fine and u can't even tell anymore that it was so bad when I got it. After getting done fixing it I had a sudden thought of customs agents tearing my battery apart looking for drugs and/or WMDs. Had myself alittle chuckle.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
how is this phone size while using 1 hand? better, worse for texting? im considering buying this but dont want a paperweight in my hand that doesnt fit comfortably

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
how is this phone size while using 1 hand? better, worse for texting? im considering buying this but dont want a paperweight in my hand that doesnt fit comfortably

It fits quite well in the hand. i like it better than the original, it makes it easier to hold but is no so bulky as to make it awkward.

I've made my own cradles for it to use it the house and the added thickness doesn't seem to affect the phone holder in the car's ability to hold it securely. It's awesome as heck to go days between charges. no more always having to carry a charger around and worry if the dang thing is going to make it thru the day.

Last edited:

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I ended up ordering a 2nd 3000mAh battery. The first one only took 9 days from placing the order and receiving it. This second one took 18 days but had like 4 more customs dept. stamps on it. It didn't seem as well put together either. I know these are just cells sticker-ed together but it was funny. The bottom plastic plate was loose in the bag but stuck back in place when pressed back in, the sticker wasn't even put on straight. I had to peel it off abit and replace to straighten it out so it covered the metal. It works fine and u can't even tell anymore that it was so bad when I got it. After getting done fixing it I had a sudden thought of customs agents tearing my battery apart looking for drugs and/or WMDs. Had myself alittle chuckle.

lolz

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought this one off amazon:
Amazon.com: 2800mAh Mobile Battery For LS670, Optimus S Extended With Back Cover: MP3 Players & Accessories
I ordered it 9/30/11 and received it today 10/11/11
It was supposed to get here in 3-5 days, but that didn't happen. I'm charging the battery now and then doing a calibration so we'll see how long it lasts.

EDIT:
The price seems to have gone up since I bought it. I only paid $20 shipped for mine. I bought it because I didn't want to wait forever to get it, but I ended up waiting a long time anyway. If I were to do it again, I'd buy the one listed originally in this tread.

I ended up ordering this one too. Right now checking the tracker it is in Brooklyn NY. I live in Rochester NY so I imagine it'll come tomorrow or Monday. So excited to get it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21