3000 mAh battery

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I ended up ordering this one too. Right now checking the tracker it is in Brooklyn NY. I live in Rochester NY so I imagine it'll come tomorrow or Monday. So excited to get it!

Mine came from NY too.
After using it for a few days, I love the battery life that it gives me. I don't get 2 days like some people, but I can use the phone heavily (web browsing, wifi on all day, data on all day, streaming pandora 3-4 hours a day, go in and out of service, etc) and after the day is done I'm left with 30-40% battery after about 12 hours worth of usage.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine came from NY too.
After using it for a few days, I love the battery life that it gives me. I don't get 2 days like some people, but I can use the phone heavily (web browsing, wifi on all day, data on all day, streaming pandora 3-4 hours a day, go in and out of service, etc) and after the day is done I'm left with 30-40% battery after about 12 hours worth of usage.

Just got yesterday but opened it today. Fastest shipping ever. The feel of the phone in my hand was a little bit awkward at first but I'm starting to really like it. I'll post later about battery usage

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got yesterday but opened it today. Fastest shipping ever. The feel of the phone in my hand was a little bit awkward at first but I'm starting to really like it. I'll post later about battery usage

I know what you mean, I popped the stock battery back in for a little while, and it feels extremely small/skinny/light and I don't like it lol

I definitely like the bigger battery now.

ryuusei94

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
i bought that one last month. it is horrible. so i used battery calibration when charged to 100% to try and fix it. currently letting it die completely before charging. the link i posted before this post is to a better one it seems. anyone tried it?

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is no comparison compared to stock. I have the 2800 mAh one. 26% battery after 12 hours and 30 minutes usage. Mind you barely any service in school and Pandora for the last 4 hours. Just amazing. My stock battery would be at 10-20% by the time school ended. I love this haha

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I threw my old stock battery in just for kicks yesterday, and after medium usage (100 or so texts maybe, and some light 3G browsing) it was down 25% percent (using mmarz's "formula" that equates to only 20 hours of battery life.

The extended one I've been able to get 2 1/2 days with light usage.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I threw my old stock battery in just for kicks yesterday, and after medium usage (100 or so texts maybe, and some light 3G browsing) it was down 25% percent (using mmarz's "formula" that equates to only 20 hours of battery life.

The extended one I've been able to get 2 1/2 days with light usage.

The battery last soooooooo long. Like I'm too amazed lol. I can use it as much as I want and not worry anymore

Diablo2k

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am having a small issue with mine. After a while I will pick up the phone and it will be off, like the battery had been pulled. Never had this problem with the stock battery.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So I did some calculations.

With the stock battery and medium usage (with wifi set to never sleep) I can get about 20 hours out of the phone.

With the 3000mAh battery, medium usage and wifi set to never sleep, I can get 60.5 hours. That's 2 1/2 days!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Have not found a case yet but have tried a few holster types and have found that any with the elastic sides work fine or if they are classed as medium or large. Medium being snug and large some times being loose fitting.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 2800mah battery from CS Technology LTD (ebay) .. for 20 shipped. The cover and battery are really good quality, like very good. Its a perfect fit and finish... Id say for the price and the, "1 year manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship" sounds good.... I just hope it performs just as good as it looks. :p

so far with stock battery ive managed anywhere from 8-13 hrs with my frequent use. I'll report back when i get times with the new battery.

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I finally got some time to report some of my findings with my setup. I still need time for the phone to settle. This test was with a recent battery calibration and Jerrys latest build 12/21 and not so great signal :p

Using the 2800Mah from CS tech. Frequent use, what i would call "good" use. Texting, games, lots of browsing and radio over wifi with a few calls.

With the help of some profiles. Overclocked with ondemand governor. Min set to 245 and Max to 864.
( very stable ) Screen set to full brightness. Juice Defender to help with the wifi and 3g toggling. Ive managed about 35hrs.

I think the phone is still having some issues reading the battery for some reason. I didnt charge my phone at all. I got two jumps on this screenshot. It decided it still had juice and jumped twice lol . Minor jumps but jumps nonetheless. I'm going to continue to test the battery after i let it settle in. Ill report back with more once i find the sweet spot lol

screenshot1324799543915.png

Last edited:

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got the package from hong Kong.. Can i charge with the normal charger or do i need to use this thing they sent (not sure how to use so hope I can use regular charger) also the battery says 3500! I am running it down to 20% or so before changing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
So I calibrated the battery and have been using it for 2 and a half hours and I'm already down to 81 percent????

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I calibrated the battery and have been using it for 2 and a half hours and I'm already down to 81 percent????

Just use the phone like you want for a few days. The rom and battery have to acclimate to each other. Remember the rom is built with a regular battery installed so the extra life is new.

Iirc people said after three or four charge cycles it evens out. Just give it a few charge cycles and it should be reporting correctly.

Reactions: nixie21

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma