07-18-2012 05:01 PM
131 123 ...
tools
    3000 mAh battery for Optimus S

Since everyone seems to be having good experiences with it I've decided to edit my post.

On the average this battery will give you 3-4 days of moderate use. One person has seen 6 days with light use and a ROM that's easy on battery.
    It's going to fatten your device up, so be aware. The battery cover it comes with fits the 3000 mAh battery or two (!) stock 1500 mAh batteries. I still haven't found any type of case to use with it.

Use this coupon code at checkout for $4.00 off; A20CM
    07-12-2011 05:59 PM
    for 20 bucks ill buy it and find out.

ill order it tomorrow.

i have been looking for this for awhile, lets hope it works out
    07-12-2011 06:43 PM
    ordering mine tonight...
    07-13-2011 02:09 PM
    Keep us updated. If all is well I'm in for ordering one.
    07-13-2011 02:53 PM
    Use this code to get $4 off: A20CM
    Emstan, r00t, GetDustin and 3 others like this.
    07-13-2011 03:06 PM
    I just ordered one with the coupon code. Thanks and I will report my findings.
    07-13-2011 03:17 PM
    When you guys get it, take side pictures and stuff.
    notown, r00t and psygn like this.
    07-15-2011 12:00 PM
    There's pictures of just the battery and cover on the link I provided.
    By the look of it, it'll add maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch to the overall thickness of the device.
    07-17-2011 03:20 PM
    Yes but there's no side shots.
    07-17-2011 08:29 PM
    im going to order one as SOON as someone posts a pic of theirs with it installed. or if it even fits.

I would hate to hear that the S battery has some kind of notch or molding on it that prevents its use in the V. ive seen that with other phones before. so whoever gets it first PLEASE post your experience up here with it.

I would LOVE to have this, I need to carry my charger with me every day and find an outlet fairly often.
    Vishwar likes this.
    07-17-2011 08:59 PM
    im going to order one as SOON as someone posts a pic of theirs with it installed. or if it even fits.

I would hate to hear that the S battery has some kind of notch or molding on it that prevents its use in the V. ive seen that with other phones before. so whoever gets it first PLEASE post your experience up here with it.

I would LOVE to have this, I need to carry my charger with me every day and find an outlet fairly often.
    That's what hot razors and a daft hand are for, Cookie. Besides, I doubt it would be a problem seeing as it's for the S. Now if it were for the T or M, we might have an issue.

This battery from eBay is a 2800 mAh that is advertised for the V but says it also works on the S. I don't think we have an issue with the 3000 from that site.

However...

DISCLAIMER: I won't be responsible if you're out 20 bucks because this battery doesn't fit. I also won't be responsible if you cause global thermo-nuclear war because you modded the battery to make it fit.
    07-17-2011 10:52 PM
    The V and S are exactly the same size because they are the same phone hardware wise. I have both and all of their parts are interchangeable.
    07-18-2011 04:23 AM
    Even if you take out the battery cover from the V you should read the model LG-LS670 and thats the "S" model...
    07-18-2011 09:00 AM
    Even if you take out the battery cover from the V you should read the model LG-LS670 and thats the "S" model...
    good on ya mate. would not have caught that.

I was just hoping that there was not some weird random notch or molding that prevents a S battery from going into a V or vice versa. I havent heard anything about that. but I've experience it with same model phones accross different carriers before.

its already weird enough that the S is ever so slightly shorter than the V and the home buttons are swapped. its those little seemingly insignificant details that end up being the problem.

My S screen protector wasnt quite the right shape but It got scratched, I bought one advertised for a V and it fit better on the edges. coincedence? possibly. but its a weird little detail I noticed
    07-18-2011 01:41 PM
    MMarz own's both he said they're exactly the same size.
    07-18-2011 04:00 PM
    MMarz own's both he said they're exactly the same size.
    good to know. ordered my 3000mAh battery an hour ago
    07-18-2011 07:11 PM
    good on ya mate. would not have caught that.

I was just hoping that there was not some weird random notch or molding that prevents a S battery from going into a V or vice versa. I havent heard anything about that. but I've experience it with same model phones accross different carriers before.
    its already weird enough that the S is ever so slightly shorter than the V and the home buttons are swapped. its those little seemingly insignificant details that end up being the problem

My S screen protector wasnt quite the right shape but It got scratched, I bought one advertised for a V and it fit better on the edges. coincedence? possibly. but its a weird jlittle detail I noticed
    Ya my case is for the s
    07-19-2011 01:25 AM
    Interested to see how much life you get out of these and how thicker they are. Post pics when you get it!!!
    07-19-2011 01:42 AM
    From the description:

"The batter is thicker than the standard battery"

That's a great feature to have... I often comment on how my OV's batter is too thin... not good for pancakes, lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-20-2011 01:13 AM
    fyi the lg optumis t battery works in V. I know from first hand
    07-21-2011 08:14 AM
    My battery has just arrived and is still charging atm but I took a few pics sry they are not that good. I took them with the phone in bad lighting and had to use an LED flashlight, best I could do.

ImageShack Album - 7 images

Later after my wife gets home with her OV. I will take more pics of the phone with the back on. If anyone was wondering you can use a stock battery with the extended back panel and still have room for a spare stock battery nice and snug without it even shaking around inside. Back panel also has a nice rubber feel to it that isnt as silky but almost like its a thicker coating. Even with the phone just plain thicker it feels more comfortable in my hand now.

Will also report more about the life span after I drain it a few times.
    Vishwar, JerryScript, kcls and 3 others like this.
    07-25-2011 02:28 PM
    Look forward to your report on the battery life.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-25-2011 07:49 PM
    Thanks! And x2
    07-25-2011 11:41 PM
    Here is the link to more pics of the phone with the back on and compared to the stock OV.

ImageShack Album - 11 images

After the first 10 hours with some phone calls over GrooveIP only 2-3 mins each with one over 3G, some txts 5-6, TV.COM for 24mins watching Craig Ferguson, and about 8 mins of Plants Vs Zombies while in the john. Wifi and 3G on full time with only 5% TWS running Ath3nos's CM7 Gingerbread ROM.

I am at 90% charge remaining so it looks promising. Updates to come after a full discharge then maybe after a week of use.
    notown likes this.
    07-26-2011 01:32 AM
    wooowww its so fat now.

I need that battery life and i cant wait for mine to get here but damn that is a little ridiculous. i keep my phone in slim pockets. ill have to change my habits and put it somewhere else now hahaha
    07-26-2011 02:01 AM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD