07-30-2015 05:52 AM
44 12
tools
    Ok got my keyboard today and I'm running IHO with gb. It pairs and connects but no input. Then I'll look again in bt settings and its paired but not connected. What's going on? What am I missing here?

edit1: it works ok using blueinput but not well. Is there supposed to be a hid input method under keyboards?
    edit2: got home, tried installing the Android.apk it came with, but then it tells me in needs to activate only once, but never works and closes out. How are you guys getting yours to work?! help!
    10-21-2011 04:23 PM
    Ok got my keyboard today and I'm running IHO with gb. It pairs and connects but no input. Then I'll look again in bt settings and its paired but not connected. What's going on? What am I missing here?

edit1: it works ok using blueinput but not well. Is there supposed to be a hid input method under keyboards?
    edit2: got home, tried installing the Android.apk it came with, but then it tells me in needs to activate only once, but never works and closes out. How are you guys getting yours to work?! help!
    Well I use just the built in bt settings. Once the kb is in pair mode I press to connect on my phone once it sees it and when it ask for a code I key in a pairing code ex:123 on the bt kb and press enter, type the same code in on my phone and it pairs up. You may have a different kb so I can't be sure if yours will work the same way. Good luck

Using mrg's 10/22/11 IHO build.
    10-27-2011 07:00 AM
    Nope its the same kb. It pairs and connects just fine and says its connected to hid device but I still can't use it to type or anything

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2011 10:24 AM
    I also just picked up one it should be arriving from China next Tuesday. Just curious would it be possible to remap the keys maybe something along the lines of custom key combinations?
    11-30-2011 09:56 PM
    Looks cool.
    12-05-2011 01:49 PM
    For the price, I gotta try one!
    12-24-2011 01:15 AM
    I ordered one of these: Amazon.com: Mini Wireless Bluetooth 49 Keys Keyboard for Ipad Ipad 2/iphone 4.0 Os/mac/ Ipod Touch 3.0 Os/ps3 Playstatin3/smart Phone/android3.0 or Above Os/htpc New Ultrathin: Electronics. It looks like the same one but it says you have to have Android 3.0 or higher. I installed the software that came with it, but the activation fails. My phone did pair with it, however it does not seem to work. Just wondering what rom you guys are using that have gotten it to work, I am using CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG (Android 2.3.7)
    01-07-2012 09:46 PM
    Same ROM I use. I actually ordered it because it was recommended by JerryScript, the developer of our ROM.

01-07-2012 10:54 PM
    Yup same rom I'm using. But still can't get it to work right without blueinput which sucks. I quit trying. Now my kb sits on a shelf collecting dust...
    01-09-2012 07:22 PM
    Yup same rom I'm using. But still can't get it to work right without blueinput which sucks. I quit trying. Now my kb sits on a shelf collecting dust...
    Mine may join yours. No joy.

01-10-2012 12:08 PM
    Strange, I just tried mine again, unpaired then did the following:

--Turn on BT on phone
    --Turn on keyboard long press scan button (above #9 key)
    --on phone, select BT settings and select device
    --on phone, enter 1234
    --on keyboard, enter 1234 then press the Enter key (this confused me when I bought it)

It connects automatically when I turn it on after that, so long as BT is enabled on the phone. Once a text box is selected, I just type as normal. In keyboard settings, it appears automatically when I turn the keyboard on, nothing to enable, it's just there, and disappears when I turn the keyboard off.

Fn + arrow keys to navigate
    Enter to select
    Fn + Esc for back
    Fn + Home for home
    Fn + End for power
    Fn + lots of different keys for search
    brotherswing likes this.
    01-11-2012 10:24 AM
    Thanks, Jerry. I'll try again tonight when the kids are asleep. Of course with JD, I only have about a two hour window of opportunity. Five days old today!

01-11-2012 06:53 PM
    OK, I followed Jerry's instructions and I got it connected; however it still does not seem to work. I am beginning to think it is defective. I am going to see if I can return it.
    01-16-2012 09:04 PM
    OK, I followed Jerry's instructions and I got it connected; however it still does not seem to work. I am beginning to think it is defective. I am going to see if I can return it.
    01-20-2012 05:02 PM
    You quoted to say nothing?

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    01-20-2012 07:51 PM
    thanks for this, will look into getting one!
    brotherswing likes this.
    01-25-2012 11:34 AM
    There's a trick to get these to work. You'll need an app called BlueKeyboard JP (free). Set it up with Apple Wireless Keyboard mapping, or you won't have function keys (therefore no punctuation)

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    01-25-2012 04:54 PM
    with your help got bluetooth K/b working. Many Thanks!
    07-30-2015 05:50 AM
    Thanks got working at last!
    07-30-2015 05:52 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD