Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

They arguably have one of the best systems for in-car device mounting without permanently modifying your car. The kits come in two pieces, a base and cradle. The base is re-usable if you get a different phone and is car-specific.

Unfortunately they don't make any device-specific mounts for the Optimus line. I've bugged them about it a little over the last few weeks and just sent them another email today given that, if they did make us some mounts:

• They have customers on at least 4 carriers.
    • Virgin (and Best Buy, Target, Radioshack, etc.) can't keep the phone in stock.
    • The price was just increased $50 presumably to reduce demand.

I'm posting this thread to encourage others to contact ProClip, to reflect increased demand and the potential market for them.

Specifically what I want is a charging dock similar to this one I had for the EVO:

HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Adapter*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

However ProClip has a lot of options, from cradles with no charger to cradles with a hardwired charger for permanent installation.

Of course there are adjustable generic mounts but those are cheesy to me (and I want a charging mount).

Here's the contact page:

contactus - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices
    03-28-2011 04:28 PM
    Im using the vortex mount from verizon.
    You have to plug it in each time but overall IMO it is a better mount.
    Since it was built for the vortex there is no generic look to it.
    That is my biggest complaint about these aftermarket and even some factory mounts. They look so cheap/generic.

The only thing I see negative with that mount is how does it fair if you want to use it in horizontal mode? Like for gps useage?
    03-28-2011 05:34 PM
    Im using the vortex mount from verizon.
    You have to plug it in each time but overall IMO it is a better mount.
    Since it was built for the vortex there is no generic look to it.
    That is my biggest complaint about these aftermarket and even some factory mounts. They look so cheap/generic.
    EDIT: never mind, I see you're talking about the window mount (thought you meant the desktop cradle). That's definitely not an option for me, I don't like them.

The only thing I see negative with that mount is how does it fair if you want to use it in horizontal mode? Like for gps useage?
    It rotates any direction you want, "charging Holder with Tilt Swivel".
    03-28-2011 05:41 PM
    It rotates any direction you want, "charging Holder with Tilt Swivel".
    Im asking as I had one for my blackberry storm that rotated and I was glad I had my windows rolled up the day it went shooting across the dashboard ha.
    03-28-2011 05:54 PM
    Im asking as I had one for my blackberry storm that rotated and I was glad I had my windows rolled up the day it went shooting across the dashboard ha.
    Hah, that would suck!

The ProClip mounts are good in that respect I think, very little chance of the phone falling out, but it probably depends a little on how worn your USB port is; that's definitely part of the retention.
    Eollie likes this.
    03-28-2011 06:06 PM
    Reply today

Hello Josh,

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately there will be no further plans for the LG Optimus model Holders.

Best Regards,

Ruben - ProClip USA Customer Service
    Toll free: +1 800-296-3212
    Email: customerservice@proclipusa.com
    Web: Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices
    03-30-2011 07:13 PM
    Hey, sorry but I'm new to the forums and was poking around when I noticed this thread and just wanted to share some info on this tid bit that should help everyone inquiring about this. I personally have a Pro-Clip USA mount that I previously used used with my HTC EVO 4G that also fits my Optimus V just fine! Just get the adjustable one that they sell for the EVO! It fits my Optimus V perfectly (mind you I have mine in a a silicone case that I got from the Sprint Store)! The best part about buying this particular holder is that you'll probably never have to buy another holder from them, provided your chosen manufacturer on your next phone eschews from putting the Micro USB port on one of the side corners while viewed in Portrait Mode (looking at you Moto in regards to this).

@ Bigtuna00, I'm kind of surprised Ruben with Pro-Clip didn't recommend this himself... Anywhoooo, here's the link to the particular Holder I'm talking about:
    HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) - Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

GOOD LUCK!
    03-30-2011 08:23 PM
    I actually mentioned the adjustable mount in the original post. The adjustable holder does not include a fixed charger. As I said in the original post, I want a charging dock.
    03-30-2011 10:22 PM
    I have been using proclip mounts for the last 6 years. I bought two besides the universal adjustable, which will likely be the last one I'll ever need to buy. Monoprice has chargers and cables on the cheap.
    04-16-2011 07:16 PM
    If you are going to use a Evo mount, you might as well use this one: Amazon.com: Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit for HTC EVO - Black [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's a tad bit cheaper. But the Evo is 0.29" larger than our phone width wise. You'll need to pad the sides with something durable and smooth.
    04-18-2011 05:02 AM
    If you are going to use a Evo mount, you might as well use this one: Amazon.com: Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit for HTC EVO - Black [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's a tad bit cheaper. But the Evo is 0.29" larger than our phone width wise. You'll need to pad the sides with something durable and smooth.
    I think this was in reference to the OP? I already own the EVO mount so certainly no need to buy another The one you posted is a good example of what I don't want though.

I did end up modifying the EVO mount to work with the V but only to save money. I would definitely not suggest that anyone get an EVO mount for the V. I only posted a picture of it as an example of what I want:

• Clean install (no suction cups/window mounts, no cup-holder mounts, no vent mounts).
    • Tilt+Swivel.
    • Fixed charger.
    • Non-generic retention system.

The real point of the OP was that Proclip already meets all of the above requirements for most of their mounts. They just need to be convinced to make one for the Optimus line.
    04-19-2011 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD