Mic adapter for regular headphones

boxerboxer

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm really picky about sound and would like to be able to use the headphones I already have both for listening to music and making calls. Has anyone seen something like a wired headset that has a mic and button but instead of having hardwired headphones has a headphone jack?

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Im curious are you talking about your headphones, are like a gaming headset or just plain jane headphones and you want a external mic?

If you have a built in mic but your headset uses two 3.5mm jacks there is a adapter you can get that turns the two into one and vice versa.

Otherwise what Jerry linked will prolly be your best bet. However I would look around monster crap will always be expensive.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have one of these and it works on the Optimus V?
Nope. Sorry, I should have specified that I haven't tested them. I was in a bit of a rush and I was just hoping to get boxerboxer pointed in the right direction.
There's no reason the microphone and headphone jack shouldn't work.

Whether the button works or not is up in the air. I suspect it will work for some programs and not for others. But this is just my hunch based on snippets I've read from various places regarding other phones using iPhone headsets.

If I was looking to purchase, I'd browse the related products before making a decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX