I have had my Zagg shield for about a week now, and It has accumulated several scratches this "self-healing" polymer cannot repair.

This protector only guards against minor scuffs.
    06-23-2011 07:41 PM
    Zagg works fine for me, even when I put my keys in the same pocket, 3 months and still smooth.
    06-24-2011 07:29 PM
    i got a cheap dollar protector off ebay and its been holding up better than the real expensive ones used to on my old iphone.

guess its kind of a hit or miss with these things. try another brand youll probably have better luck. couldnt hurt
    06-25-2011 05:41 AM
    I've had the Zagg Full Body kit on my DSi for over a year now and it still looks brand new.

I have an Otterbox Commuter for my OV. It came with one of the protectors you can get from eBay for a dime a dozen. I've had the phone and the case for almost two weeks now. So far, no complaints. The case covers the edges of the protector so you can't even tell it's there unless you look real hard at the ear speaker.
    06-25-2011 07:08 PM
    Haven't had any issues with mine, its been on the phone for about a month. Plus it was easy to install, I always screw up the other ones.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-05-2011 04:19 PM
    It's a thousands thick, what do you expect, miracles?

Anyhow, I personally HATED that shield.
    It even states on the carton WHY I hate it. "Extra grip".
    It's a touch screen you fools, why do I want extra grip where my finger is supposed SLIDE! Maybe bobsleds and hockey players woudl like more traction on the ice, cause you know... it's slippery!

Anyhow, the final straw was how much it messed with the screen sensitivity. I could really tell a difference. I like the cheap Ebay ones. Order 5 for half the price of the Zagg, and when one is damaged, just swap it out.
    07-05-2011 08:23 PM
    I like the cheap Ebay ones. Order 5 for half the price of the Zagg, and when one is damaged, just swap it out.
    yep, i concur. that's what i do with the cheap ones on Amazon. cost me like $3.50, arrived 2 days later. low reviews kind of worried me but i got the same ones as the other reviewer saying it has a small square notch that serves no purpose next to the earpiece, but it's negligible as it's not a part of the actual screen real estate so i dont mind not protecting it and its so small its not even noticeable. also, for less than $1 per protector, considering its very high quality and each one comes with its own wiping cloth and little plastic card to remove bubbles as well as the fact that it does not provide any "extra grip" or harm the clarity or responsiveness of the touchscreen, i don't think it can really be beat by all that much. i got the first one on on my first try with no bubbles and now i have 4 backups to use whenever. to me products like zagg are akin to monster cables; insanely premium prices for the uninformed...
    07-06-2011 12:32 PM
    I'm good with my Zagg.
    07-10-2011 06:56 AM
    I love my zagg. I would not go with anything else and after about 2 weeks the "extra grip" wears down enough for perfect protection and precision. I say if your going to buy a screen protector go with the best. There a reason they give you like 20 for 2 bucks for the cheap ones. They're crap at least all of the ones I've used and trust me I tried out a lot of them.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    07-27-2011 01:03 AM
    I got the cheapest ones I could find for $1.23 for 5 with free shipping and they work great. Oddly tho these aren't the SUPER thin ones, they are about .008" so about double the thickness and covers the entire screen near perfect. Plus they were the self adhering type. I only had to set it down in the right place making sure one corner touched first and the it did the rest with zero bubbles. Have had the first one on for almost 3 months now and looks new still.

In this pic u can see the lower right side of the protector not quite reaching the edge but on the other 3 sides it follows the edge near perfect.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...scf1115wf.jpg/
    07-27-2011 10:28 AM
    I got the cheapest ones I could find for $1.23 for 5 with free shipping and they work great. Oddly tho these aren't the SUPER thin ones, they are about .008" so about double the thickness and covers the entire screen near perfect. Plus they were the self adhering type. I only had to set it down in the right place making sure one corner touched first and the it did the rest with zero bubbles. Have had the first one on for almost 3 months now and looks new still.

In this pic u can see the lower right side of the protector not quite reaching the edge but on the other 3 sides it follows the edge near perfect.

ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    I got a skinomi protector and ive had my Optimus for half of a year and it barely has any scratches, plus its almost impossible to see, and i dont even have a case covering the edges of it
    07-27-2011 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD