[HOW TO] Root the LG Revolution

woodsyx

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Superone click worked for me. Download the latest version with gingerbreak support and make sure you use that instead of psneuter or whatever it's called. Keep usb debugging off until after you press root then when it says waiting for device turn on usb debugging and it should work properly because that's what I did. Most of you probably know that being in Internet connection mode is the right one to be in for this process. Let me know if you have problems and sorry it's not in step by step format I'm typing this from my revolution

followed this and it worked fine.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
when typing in the commands, we don't actually type the # signs bc it's already there or am i crazy? And is that going to just repeat what you type after you put it in...? Kinda remember from rooting my D2, but that was a while ago... lol

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
yeah, leave out the # keys, i put those there to show what your prompt should look like. And yes, once you are in shell, when you put a command in and hit enter, it will repeat it to you, basically to let you know the command completed, otherwise you will get a syntax error of sorts.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
aaaaaaand done haha... Weird though, bc superuser didn't ask for permissions when opening shootme, but it did for rootexplorer and cachemate for root...

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Quite purple. :/ guess i cn use sdk for now but annoying if not near my computer.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
Quite purple. :/ guess i cn use sdk for now but annoying if not near my computer.
drocap2 is free in the Market. Just go into the settings and set it up, make sure the 3rd (i think, got some funny words in it) setting is turned on if you get red pictures.
so is there no clockwork yet?
Not yet, so don't get too ballsy with your root access.

Reactions: S.Meezy

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Haha yea, got it thx. swap endian, was like the only thing u cn change. I guess i was just so used to shootme from the evo even before root i forgot other things exist. Perfect

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
yeah, that one! you can change the destination folder, output file type and such. I live shootme, because you can take a crapload at once without having to restart the app. I fired off an email to the dev to have him take a look at it.

stetsonaw

May 26, 2011
twitter.com
Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Hi Andy,

LG does not support altering this phone from the original manufacture state or any rooting of this device. To do so will void your warranty with LG Electronics should you need any repair service or software flashes. We will not be releasing any pertinent hardware or software related information. It is at this point considered proprietary. I would hope you understand.

Monica R
E-Mail Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI

Not gonna give up. Gonna get them on live chat Tuesday.

dhughey

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Woodsy and Kal are right. SuperOneClick w/ gingerbreak is definitely way to go. i previously owned an lg ally so i already had everything downloaded to my computer. Thx guys. keep up the good work. REVOLUTION ROX!!!

JoeMaz

May 24, 2011
masilotti.com
Rage Permission Denied - Fix

./data/local/temp/rage: permission denied

did u install the LG bootstrapper ufkal?

To fix this I ran the following command (after the rage file was pushed to the device):

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/temp/rage

This should change your permissions to full access and allow you to run the command.

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Superone click worked for me. Download the latest version with gingerbreak support and make sure you use that instead of psneuter or whatever it's called. Keep usb debugging off until after you press root then when it says waiting for device turn on usb debugging and it should work properly because that's what I did. Most of you probably know that being in Internet connection mode is the right one to be in for this process. Let me know if you have problems and sorry it's not in step by step format I'm typing this from my revolution

worked PERFECT for me. so easy. thanks!

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
im on a mac and i can't get the su pushed.. keeps saying read only folder... has anyone else got if on a mac?

-Update I got it to push after i mounted it.. now i can;t get busy box to get root.. I rebooted and still nothing.. busy box says phone is rooted but cant get root acces.. What did i mess up?

-Update 2 - ZenMasters instructions worked great.. i had to do them in a weird order which i will explain later. I now have root and time to de-crapify my phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv