Tools for Removing Bloatware

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So now that we all have root, i am wondering what your guys are using to take off the monster amounts of bloatware.. I know if you have the full version of Titanium Backup you can freeze them. Is there any other tools that you are using!

Last edited:

ivalum21

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I posted something yesterday about Silent App Uninstaller. Haven't used it, just read about it on XDA...my phone is getting delivered today....

L1Wulf

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I started with Titanium full but noticed while experimenting with freezing different apps that some remained in memory after reboot even though they showed as being frozen... So I decided to give Bloat Freezer a try and saw quite a bit more apps and processes that could be frozen that did not show up in Titanium. This made me a little leery to experiment too much considering we do not have a means to recover should I screw something up too badly. I think I'll keep both installed but Bloat Freezer will be my go to app for freezing with Titanium as the tried and true for backing up game data, etc..

Anybody braver than me experiment a bit to determine what's safe to freeze/remove, what's optional and what should remain?

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the bloat freezer, and so far I love it.. just wish it would show like the Facebook for lg and twitter for lg so I could get rid of them.

revolutionaryV

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I froze a few apps using Bloat Freezer and now I don't have a home screen. I turn on the phone, slide to unlock, and then the screen is black (normal indicator icons at the top). Holding home gets me to a recent apps page with no recent apps. Nothing else does anything, I can't even turn off the phone. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I froze a few apps using Bloat Freezer and now I don't have a home screen. I turn on the phone, slide to unlock, and then the screen is black (normal indicator icons at the top). Holding home gets me to a recent apps page with no recent apps. Nothing else does anything, I can't even turn off the phone. Any ideas?

Try doing a battery pull, then hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time to enter recovery mode. You will lose all your settings, contacts and media as it reformats the sdcard and internal memory. That is the only solution I can think of. Hope it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12