patch for google search instead of bing?

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my revolution and subsequently uninstalled bing and some other bloatware. I know there isn't much rooting support for this phone yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a patch to make the search button go to google instead of looking for bing.

bprince81

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Over at xda, thecubed posted a decrapified rom that works great. You have to install clockwork mod first but once you do installing the rom is easy. He removed all knowledge of bing from the rom and made google the search engine and even got google voice search implemented with a long press of the search button.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Over at xda, thecubed posted a decrapified rom that works great. You have to install clockwork mod first but once you do installing the rom is easy. He removed all knowledge of bing from the rom and made google the search engine and even got google voice search implemented with a long press of the search button.

Actually I just finished flashing thecubed's new rom. Works great for me besides the odd bugs here and there that a reboot or battery pull fixes. Now if he could only figure out how to get rid of facebook and twitter for lg, I would be set

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually I just finished flashing thecubed's new rom. Works great for me besides the odd bugs here and there that a reboot or battery pull fixes. Now if he could only figure out how to get rid of facebook and twitter for lg, I would be set

He has stopped working on this rom for now due to the fact that is is trying to port Cyanogenmod 7 to the Revolution. There should be a release of a nightly or a beta soon. Check it out on XDA here

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted my revolution and subsequently uninstalled bing and some other bloatware. I know there isn't much rooting support for this phone yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a patch to make the search button go to google instead of looking for bing.

Any way to remove bing search and replace with google on search button without rooting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol