01-24-2012 11:02 AM
31 12
tools
    This phone looks pretty solid for the 199 price. The IPS screen looks amazing. The ESPN HD app looks good too.

The main negative is that it does not have ICS. This is a non factor to me after returning the Nexus. It had way too many bugs and was not ready for prime time in my book.
    01-11-2012 01:02 PM
    I would but in all honesty, the styling of the phone is not for me. Spec wise, it sounds great. The "looks" of the phone is severely disappointing to me. Way too conservative. Also, I read LG said it would not be updated to ICS until the second quarter. Too far off when considering LG is known for delaying updates. Probably will not see ICS until Jellybean hits lol.
    DancesWithFarts likes this.
    01-11-2012 06:39 PM
    Quick question - if all you do is surf the web and use apps, does ICS really buy you anything? At this point, I would say no. Might be a little faster but not much...

I would but in all honesty, the styling of the phone is not for me. Spec wise, it sounds great. The "looks" of the phone is severely disappointing to me. Way too conservative. Also, I read LG said it would not be updated to ICS until the second quarter. Too far off when considering LG is known for delaying updates. Probably will not see ICS until Jellybean hits lol.
    01-11-2012 07:26 PM
    I returned my Nexus yesterday due to all of the hardware issues with the Samsung device. Poor camera, poor radios, no dock support from VZW, etc. Although I loved ICS and the screen was awesome! So I'm looking at all options.

The Spectrum looks nice but when TechCrunch did their interview with the guy in the LG booth, he said ICS in the second half of the year! That leaves it out for me.
    01-13-2012 11:54 PM
    I returned my Nexus yesterday due to all of the hardware issues with the Samsung device. Poor camera, poor radios, no dock support from VZW, etc. Although I loved ICS and the screen was awesome! So I'm looking at all options.

The Spectrum looks nice but when TechCrunch did their interview with the guy in the LG booth, he said ICS in the second half of the year! That leaves it out for me.
    No they said Q2 not H2. Q2 is second quarter (May-June), not second half.
    01-16-2012 12:58 PM
    No they said Q2 not H2. Q2 is second quarter (May-June), not second half.
    I just watched again and they clearly said, second half of the year. And here's the direct quote from the site: Whats perhaps the worst news of all is that the LG Spectrum will ship with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, and wont get Ice Cream Sandwich until the second half of 2012.

Bummer.
    01-17-2012 11:49 AM
    How big is the battery on this?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    01-19-2012 09:40 AM
    I just watched again and they clearly said, second half of the year. And here's the direct quote from the site: Whats perhaps the worst news of all is that the LG Spectrum will ship with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, and wont get Ice Cream Sandwich until the second half of 2012.

Bummer.
    Huh...I work for VZW and our LG rep said Q2...interesting.....
    01-19-2012 11:18 AM
    How big is the battery on this?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Standard 1830 mAh:

Up to 498 minutes usage time
    Up to 348 hours standby time.
    01-19-2012 11:22 AM
    Huh...I work for VZW and our LG rep said Q2...interesting.....
    It's not unusual for Verizon reps to be wrong

Sent from my ICSTB
    PetermarkNBPT likes this.
    01-19-2012 11:33 AM
    Here's the official spec sheet. Sorry for the poor quality. My scanner is broken.
    01-19-2012 11:39 AM

Sent from my ICSTB
    hahaha well actually that would be my regional LG rep that is wrong!
    01-19-2012 11:46 AM
    01-19-2012 12:09 PM

Sent from my ICSTB
    not unusual? I think it is encouraged for there reps to be wrong.....
    01-19-2012 12:14 PM
    I checked out the Spectrum. The display is nice, & it is very light,but I didn't care for the overlay. I wish they would include an on/off toggle for these crummy ui's. I don't think this will be my next phone. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it.
    01-19-2012 06:13 PM
    I intend to take a look at this in the store in the next couple days (probably Sunday) but it looks solid and my only complaint about the Nitro was a small amount of lag but that phone has 767 RAM while this one has 1GB so that should be taken care of. We shall see.
    Scrooge276 likes this.
    01-19-2012 10:17 PM
    I intend to take a look at this in the store in the next couple days (probably Sunday) but it looks solid and my only complaint about the Nitro was a small amount of lag but that phone has 767 RAM while this one has 1GB so that should be taken care of. We shall see.
    Full price is only $589. Really not bad at all considering what you get for the price.
    01-20-2012 03:10 PM
    HI returned my samsung nexus for this phone. Love i
    01-20-2012 10:54 PM
    I checked out the Spectrum. The display is nice, & it is very light,but I didn't care for the overlay. I wish they would include an on/off toggle for these crummy ui's. I don't think this will be my next phone. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it.
    I never owned an LG phone. What's the history regarding dev support? Is it easily 'hackable' (rooted)?
    01-21-2012 07:20 AM
    Bought the phone on launch day. So far I really like it. Have tried both the Rezound and GNex and I feel this is better than both. Not saying this phone is perfect, but no phone is. Just comparing plusses and minuses from all phones, this one is best for me and I really feel people should be taking a good hard look at this phone. Beautiful large display, nice camera, UI seems better than that on the Nitro HD and less resource intensive than Sense. So far I haven't found any bugs and no issues with apps running.
    01-21-2012 10:27 AM
    Bought the phone on launch day. So far I really like it. Have tried both the Rezound and GNex and I feel this is better than both. Not saying this phone is perfect, but no phone is. Just comparing plusses and minuses from all phones, this one is best for me and I really feel people should be taking a good hard look at this phone. Beautiful large display, nice camera, UI seems better than that on the Nitro HD and less resource intensive than Sense. So far I haven't found any bugs and no issues with apps running.
    How is the reception 4G, 3G, etc? How is speaker sound and volume? What do you like about the LG over the Rezound?
    01-21-2012 11:32 AM
    Reception is just as good as the Rezound. I like the bigger screen. It is only .2 bigger, but everything seems much easier to see. Volume on speaker is a tiny bit better on the Rezound. Buttons on Spectrum are easier to push, lighter phone, I like having a customizable dock, dlna works great. When using bluetooth to stream music to my car, the display will show song and album information. I could not figure a way to do that on the Rezound or GNex. I like the charging dock for the Spectrum. It comes with a spare battery. Battery life is slightly better also, especially in standby.
    mlg2919 likes this.
    01-21-2012 12:21 PM
    How's the battery life?
    01-21-2012 11:28 PM
    I was able to score the one and only spectrum on ebay for $405. I would have had a problem with it, but I also just sold a RAZR for $480 that I got on ebay for $370.
    01-22-2012 12:06 AM
    Now I'm second guessing whether to pull the trigger. Its a great phone, but I'm really concerned about getting it sold quickly if I decide not to keep it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-22-2012 10:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD