Flashing LG signed Firmware

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
At this point it may be you best bet. they should be able to flash your firmware which automaticly removes root. just tell them that you accepted an ota update andd now it wont reboot right. if possible don not go to the same store you bought from especially if they applied the v4 update in store like they did for me.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
On another note, if it is asking for a url, try putting in the link for the cab file from verizons site. It may be trying to pull the cab file down itself. i say this because i had to use a tool that asked for my serial and imei to get the link to the cab in the first place.

jayyftw

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
After searching Verizon for the last half hour I can't see a link anywhere with the .cab file. I figure tomorrow I'll head to the store. Appreciate all the help! I'll be a bit more careful next time after rooting. :)

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Grand... 4.04 no longer flashes for me. 3.02 flashes just fine. Try downloading 3.02 and flashing it using the instructions you have figured out so far. I have a feeling that is going to be your glitch that I was not seeing. I've been using 3.02 all this time and never had this many issues.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Invictus, are you trying to extract the archive manually? If so, I can tell you now that it can not be done. You have to let the LG update tool take care of that.

magdelaine

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I just did this with a rooted phone; does it successfully remove root? I would check except it's stuck on the "4G" and nothing I do works to get it functioning again. I'm thinking it's going to have to be returned.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Given your name, or rather how many ways your name could be broken up, it's really hard for me not to just consider you a troll, but I'll give you an answer. You could try and run it in a virtual machine running win7 or xp, or if it's a mac pro you could dual boot into windows, but this will not run natively in Mac, nor will it run natively under Linux.

magdelaine

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Neph! I am also posting over at Rootzwiki and Android forums, probably most completely at Rootzwiki. I did try that method but it gets stuck at recognizing the phone when the update runs. :( It's weird...it recognizes it at first but then it doesn't.

And I did get the firmware to flash, so I don't believe it could be the drivers or the cable.

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you were able to fix the boot loop. The more people are able to find out ways to fix it, the better write up we can do for trouble shooting.

Reactions: cac2us

bradageddon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping that this is read soon. I have read both of the suggestions that you have pointed to. Followed them step by step. I can get into a download mode. But it keeps booting to a blank screen after the LG logo.
I have tried the LG updater, and the KP500 with the 3.02 and the 4.04 cab files.
Please help, I just bought this thing and I kinda like it.

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping that this is read soon. I have read both of the suggestions that you have pointed to. Followed them step by step. I can get into a download mode. But it keeps booting to a blank screen after the LG logo.
I have tried the LG updater, and the KP500 with the 3.02 and the 4.04 cab files.
Please help, I just bought this thing and I kinda like it.

Need more info. Does the LG updater start to run the stock cab file? what error do you get? Are you sure you are running the process exactly? How many times have you tried running it? I returned two phones to stock using that method and it works. If you can get into download mode then you should be able to return to stock. I suggest that if you are sure you are doing the method properly then to keep trying it. But if you really would like help here we would need more info from you.

bradageddon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I get to about 40% when trying to run Either cab file. It then tells me that the update has failed do to an error. I read somewhere about the KNZ possibly being out of date, but this thread is fairly new. I have followed step by step instructions. I am going to try again today. And will post the results.

bradageddon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
ok, yeah. I moved the .cab and the necessary .dll plus the KP500_En directly to the root of my C:\(which I thought I had already done) NOW it says "Uncompressing Necessary Files"
I was kinda scared there for a moment.

bradageddon

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so, now it's at the screen with the open package with an arrow, and the little android next to it. I think it symbolizes that it's unpacking.
What next?

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Its been a month since I've used the method and can't remember every part exactly but all I did was follow nephs instructions exactly. If you do what he tells you it should work. I did have an issue with it working at first but after like 5 tries it went through. I used it on 2 phones that day.

Do you still have CWM installed on your phone? If you do there is an easier method which I used yesterday to return to stock. if you do still have CWM installed then try using this method How to return to pure V4 Verizon stock with only CWM recovery - Android Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital