Several times when trying to use the camera, it fails to load. I get an error message and then it force shuts the camera. I've tried restarting the phone, removing the battery, etc. Sometimes the camera works fine, other times it doesn't. It just happened again, and I booted the phone in safe mode and the camera worked. So I can't tell if there's an app interfering or not. I also noticed that my SD card wasn't being recognized...said it was unmounted. I pulled it, and stuck the card back in and it seemed to work fine.

Are these common items, easily foxed or should I return this phone?
    03-23-2012 12:58 PM
    Sounds like you may have a lemon of a phone. I've not had the issues you are encountering yet. You should take it in to Verizon if you have not rooted yet and see if they have any thoughts on the issue.
    03-23-2012 11:49 PM
    Sounds like a harware issue. Id call Verizon and get it replaced.
    03-24-2012 09:21 AM
    May be a dumb question, but is it easy to save everything to an SD card so I don't have to waste time setting up a new phone?
    03-24-2012 05:51 PM
    May be a dumb question, but is it easy to save everything to an SD card so I don't have to waste time setting up a new phone?
    Well there is Mybackup pro app to save your apps. Launcher pro will save your launcher settings and icons just not widgets.
    03-25-2012 09:59 AM
    Ended up with a new replacement phone when all was said and done today.

And also discovered that the phone will stay connected to wifi here at home. The "old" phone that I had to return wouldn't. I just thought that was how it behaved. I had to log in to my router every time I used the browser or an app. Now, it stays connected without asking me to log in....same settings. So I'm guess there was an issue with the other phone as well.
    03-26-2012 02:53 PM
    Good to hear you got a new, fully-functional phone. Let us know if it makes you feel even better about the Spectrum, now that it works the way it should.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 08:31 AM
    Yes, there are several issues that having a fully functioning replacement have made me aware of, the wifi being one.

Another was probably camera or "sensor" issue. But when using an app like Google Sky Maps, moving it around and looking, he image on screen was jerky and hesitant to move at all sometimes. Probably camera related...but new one doesn't have those issues.
    03-29-2012 09:54 AM
    Crap, I just got my kid a vivid, one for myself too. I'm not having any problems but her camera just quit on her. She has restarted vivid and we have dug thru every setting we could find. When we tap camera we just fed a black screen with a simple white camera icon that stays up for a few seconds then just disappears. We can't get the camera or video to come on at all. We were cupping to not have to take it back but it looks like that might be the only option.
    04-28-2012 06:18 PM
    Yeah, on my Spectrum, the camera display would come on, but the screen would be black where there should be image. Then it would crash and give me an error message saying the camera app could not be properly loaded. I even reset the phone and tried again to make sure no app was interfering with the camera. Ended up with a new replacement.
    04-29-2012 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD