De-Bing

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to help out a friend who bought the Spectrum recently. He's upset that it has Bing as the default browser search engine. Anyone know how to de-bing it? Is it a setting in the browser that can be changed, or is it possible to load a default browser apk from stock Gingerbread?

I haven't seen his phone yet, and I'll be able to take a look at it this weekend, but if I can help him over email that would be good.

TheBigKahuna72

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I just noticed mine using Bing today for the first time. I usually keep Google set as my home page. Kinda funny that a phone that comes preloaded with so much Google software would have a default search engine from Bing.

Still kinda confused with my Spectrum. I'm on my 2nd one. And keep finding more and more things that are different on this one than the 1st one. Never once saw Bing on my 1st phone. Also now realize how poorly the app "Google Sky" performed on the old one. It was shaky, and hesitant to move around as I moved the phone panning the sky. New one is smooth as glass. I have a feeling ONE of the two phones was a return that had been used or hacked previously.

Aain

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
While you can use the Google Search app, the phone will always default to Bing unless you root it. Bing first appeared on the LG Revolution (VS 910), and people were shocked. The LG Spectrum was originally called the LG Revolution II, but the name didn't stick. However, the model number is VS 920.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Um, you could use a different browser... I'm using Skyfire and it employs Google in the built-in search box in the address bar.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38