How to eliminate all other languages on swipe keyboard?

Wolfairious

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get rid of all the other languages that are available on the Swipe keyboard on the LG Spectrum? The button to change is so close to the button to get the numbers I find I hit it a lot by mistake. I can't seem to get rid of it. Any help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't think you can... In earlier versions of Swype you had an English only version that you could grab but now they seem to have all languages wrapped into one with no option to disable them.

Wolfairious

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out. If you hit the Swype key when you are in a txt'ing screen and then hit the settings key you will see "Language". Select that and you can then at least un-select all the other languages so English is the only one available. Doesn't get rid of the button but at least it keeps it from switching to French ect...

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the touch pal keyboard about an hour ago and i must say, it's amazing! Swype was to me by far the best swiping keyboard out there. Slide it and others just couldn't compete with it's accuracy. But I think I found one that can, and it's touch pal. I'm very amazed at how smooth and functional it is. and it doesn't have a language button.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well at least if you disable the other languages the button no longer responds ;)

Thanks for the tip on the language settings, I feel like a fool for not investigating deeper into this before my previous response was made.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. If you hit the Swype key when you are in a txt'ing screen and then hit the settings key you will see "Language". Select that and you can then at least un-select all the other languages so English is the only one available. Doesn't get rid of the button but at least it keeps it from switching to French ect...

Thank you so much! It worked beautifully for me. Also my personal dictionary was there which I've been looking for to delete some words.

"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~ Milton Berle