I thought the Spectrum was getting an update....I mean we were told on the19th of last month! I read on these forums that the update usually accures a couple of days after the update is announced. Were they mislead or what??
    05-06-2012 01:44 AM
    I blame this more on Verizon then anything at this point. The update is sitting on their server, but to my knowledge, no one other then inside techs have received it. From the people that have applied it manually, there seems to be an issue with sound thru bluetooth, but that may be due to the way we are trying to flash it/use it.
    05-06-2012 04:26 AM
    I would gladly bypass this update if it meant getting ICS even a week or two earlier.

I understand that upgrading from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich is a substantial undertaking, but how bad could it be when the manufacturer knew from the get go that this phone would be receiving ICS? Just concentrate on ICS. Don't waste time and resources on such a minor incremental update.

That being said, if it's almost ready for prime time, just devote a small amount of time and effort on fixing it. Just don't make ICS suffer for it.
    ferndog75 likes this.
    05-06-2012 12:12 PM
    If techs already have it then why not just give it out to the rest of us. Now....isn't ICS suppose to come out Q3 of this year? Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't Q3 mean in June and well thats next month! If this update is taking this long, they should just hold off and just give us ICS along with the benefits of this update.
    05-06-2012 05:15 PM
    Technically, 3Q is July/August/September and 2Q is April/May/June. But I've read numerous places that the goal is actually 1H, which would be by the end of June. Let's hope...

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk
    ferndog75 likes this.
    05-06-2012 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD