Please Help With Bricked Phone!

desmodaeus

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

So I recently got an LG Spectrum. I rooted itand then after a week of playing with it,m decided I do not want to keep the phone and will return it for something else, maybe a razor maxxx. In order to return it, I needed to get it back to stock, so I attempted to do so by using the allinone pack. Needless to say I did not do it right and now I cannot get past the CWM-based recovery screen. I CAN still get into download mode. I have tried every possible way to unbrick this thing that I have found, and nothign has worked. Allinone, Full Spectrum Unbrick Tool, LG Phone Recovery, etc... This all began when after unrooting it with allineone, I tried to run a restore through the option on the phone itself. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. :(

desmodaeus

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply, but how can I use that method if I cannot access my SD Card? It is in ethernet mode so I can not see it as a storage device in my computer. I have no way to get those files onto my SD card, unless there is some other way.

desmodaeus

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I borrowed a friend's blackberry and put my SD Card in there and then transferred the needed files. I am now running the restore. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
You got very lucky. Restoring a nandroid with the non-touch recovery should have failed. Congrats none the less thou. :)

Neph

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
How do you assume he has a non touch version?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

" In order to return it, I needed to get it back to stock, so I attempted to do so by using the allinone pack. Needless to say I did not do it right and now I cannot get past the CWM-based recovery screen."

The original all in one package does not actually have the original recovery image in it. Instead, it restores a copy of the non-touch CWM. If he used the all-in-one to restore stock recovery, then he should have been on the non-touch version which does not support nandroid properly. Now, the only thing I can think of that happened, is that because the non-touch corrupts /data on nandroid restore, and the V4 recovery nandroid has no /data to restore, is that it skipped the partition and just zero'd the partition. Then when it rebooted (still having the CWM boot loop flag unless he used the .zip fix) , it booted into regular recovery and formatted /data again for him.

hollywoodS14

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
" In order to return it, I needed to get it back to stock, so I attempted to do so by using the allinone pack. Needless to say I did not do it right and now I cannot get past the CWM-based recovery screen."

The original all in one package does not actually have the original recovery image in it. Instead, it restores a copy of the non-touch CWM. If he used the all-in-one to restore stock recovery, then he should have been on the non-touch version which does not support nandroid properly. Now, the only thing I can think of that happened, is that because the non-touch corrupts /data on nandroid restore, and the V4 recovery nandroid has no /data to restore, is that it skipped the partition and just zero'd the partition. Then when it rebooted (still having the CWM boot loop flag unless he used the .zip fix) , it booted into regular recovery and formatted /data again for him.

ahh icic.. this is the case even though the AIO was updated with the touch version of CWM?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech