message notification wont go away

elynch1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently noticed that my message threads from my contacts were starting to accumulate and therefore I deleted allot of the message threads so i wouldn't have to scroll through text threads to find who I wanted to text, and what I believe happened is that while my phone was deleting the message threads i received a text from one of my friends and now it has the message notification in the notification bar but when i click on it, it takes me to an empty thread. Also I can open the notifications bar and click clear and the notification will go away but if I exit to the main screen and click on the messaging widget along the bottom it takes me to the messaging app but the notification pops up again in the notifications bar every time i click on the messaging app. If that wasn't enough info, when i click on the notification in the notifications bar i can see who it is from and what it says (like normal) but as before, if i go to the main screen and click on the messaging widget, it doesn't display the "unread"message but it still appears at the top left, next to the header "messaging (1)" I have already taken the battery out while it was on to reset it and tried deleting all my messages from all my contacts.I still send and receive messages normally now its just that one message that cant be displayed and cant be cleared from the notifications bar or the messaging widget. I have concluded that while the phone was in the middle of deleting the message arrived and its now the notification wont go away even though i cant view it in the messaging app. please help its really obnoxious to look at my phone and notice you have a message and then click on it and realize its not a new one

Josie Crews

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently noticed that my message threads from my contacts were starting to accumulate and therefore I deleted allot of the message threads so i wouldn't have to scroll through text threads to find who I wanted to text, and what I believe happened is that while my phone was deleting the message threads i received a text from one of my friends and now it has the message notification in the notification bar but when i click on it, it takes me to an empty thread. Also I can open the notifications bar and click clear and the notification will go away but if I exit to the main screen and click on the messaging widget along the bottom it takes me to the messaging app but the notification pops up again in the notifications bar every time i click on the messaging app. If that wasn't enough info, when i click on the notification in the notifications bar i can see who it is from and what it says (like normal) but as before, if i go to the main screen and click on the messaging widget, it doesn't display the "unread"message but it still appears at the top left, next to the header "messaging (1)" I have already taken the battery out while it was on to reset it and tried deleting all my messages from all my contacts.I still send and receive messages normally now its just that one message that cant be displayed and cant be cleared from the notifications bar or the messaging widget. I have concluded that while the phone was in the middle of deleting the message arrived and its now the notification wont go away even though i cant view it in the messaging app. please help its really obnoxious to look at my phone and notice you have a message and then click on it and realize its not a new one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy