Horrible battery life LG Spectrum

jennygibber

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for some confirmation that I am not alone with this problem. Started with the battery draining from fully charged to less than 40% in a matter of an hour. Not using the phone, just draining.

Not using WiFi, bluetooth, Facebook, maps, apps etc... Verizon replaced my battery, same problem. Verizon replaced the phone, same problem. Did a factory reset, again, battery still draining. Replaced the phone again. Same problem. Waiting on a 4th phone in a matter of weeks now. I have every power saver possible in use to try and extend the battery life.

Jeshbeast

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed. Verizon gave me an extended battery to compensate but it honestly doesn't do much better.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

bkwo

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone does the exact same thing. As well as my wife. We have the same. The battery never last even half the day. She keeps her phone charging all day at her desk in order for it to survive. Even with no apps, no usage or anything. My phone recently stopped charging and I had 12% left of battery life. So I cut my phone off and went to the Verizon store. I had to immediately get a replacement. So after Verizon said it would be two days until I got another one. I cut my phone on and it was at 1% with the blinking red X. Without my phone even being on. I have a second battery to the phone and it drains as well. It must be the phone itself that drains all the life completely out or the battery must just have a shortage or defect. You either have to have an extra battery or spend crazy $$$ on an extended battery that may give you an additional hour of phone time. Yeah, it sux. I've never had a phone that drained like LG Spectrum. So since you sign a contract you're stuck for two years unless you pay full price. That's how they get you. No phone works that long without being replaced several times. So you are definitely not alone.

AJFabio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My vs290 has been sitting on an AC charger for 7 hours and currently has 80% charge. When unplugged it will drop to 40% in about 45 minutes.

Mexicali Mexico

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My dear friend: You are not alone in this matter I am right now looking desperately for a battery replacement for my Android. I always notice it drained like crazy but now got to the point I can even get through a conversation with this crappy phone. Verizon wont do a thing since they don't have this battery on stock any more. So you see YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Jessica Elms

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am so miserable with my LG SPECTRUM 2! The battery is absolutely worthless. I have called VRZN several times, and they refer me to sell phone warehouses to purchase a new one. My $100 a month cell plan is so not worth it!!!! and I am stuck for 22 months with this PIECE! It spends more time off, than on. People hate talking to me, since my phone dies in the middle of a phone call, all of the time. I also charge it all night, every night. But since I have had this SPECTUM, the phone is on the charger 90% of the time. It is worthless! :-\

And to top it off, the store I purchased it from, I thought it was VERIZON, because it had the same paint, same carpet, same furniture with the gray, black and red theme, talked me out of the apple, stating that it was so slow, terrible battery and pixels. Come to find out that was NOT a true VERIZON store, it was a "PREMIUM RETAIL STORE". So they probably work on commission! BE WARE of these stores, customer service is not their priority, as it is in a real VERIZON store.
[/FONT][/FONT]

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an LG Spectrum one that I absolutely love to but I have been told that I am the only one on the planet.

Any phone that is sporting a Android operating system is inherently rumored to have a bad battery life mine being no exception but I've found ways to deal.

I purchased a battery charger that actually fits in my purse. If I'm at say 19 percent battery life it will give me a full charge to 100% percent and then some. Having this external charger fully charged to take with me when I leave my house for the day and installing the JUICE DEFENDER app has really helped. Some people swear by another app called ADVANCE TASK KILLER which essentially "turns off" apps that may be running in the background that may be draining your battery and you don't even know about it. JUICE DEFENDER is a bit more complicated to set up in my opinion but the way it saves your battery is totally within your control it doesn't just shut things down and then power every operation back up when you go to use it. I'm sure there are lots more apps in Play Store that address this issue, maybe try a few and you'll find one that helps.

Your bluetooth will definitely drain your battery faster than not using one at all. GPS for me is the worst! My battery drains so fast from that my device gets hot lol. Using the browser of course is more of a drain and be careful of streaming music and some games. Ones that are connected with fb tend to drain batteries fast too. CANDY CRUSH SAGA had been bad in my experience. Am I still playing? Oh yeah my damn battery won't stop me! Lol.

Hang in there, the last thing we need is for you to deflect to the "idk." ("idk? is what we call Apple crap in my house... "i don't know.") lmao

"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~ Milton Berle

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
.... oh and one last thing turning off wi-fi when your not using it saves battery too. Your device will keep searching for a signal if you don't. It doesn't just stop working when not in use.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am so miserable with my LG SPECTRUM 2! The battery is absolutely worthless. I have called VRZN several times, and they refer me to sell phone warehouses to purchase a new one. My $100 a month cell plan is so not worth it!!!! and I am stuck for 22 months with this PIECE! It spends more time off, than on. People hate talking to me, since my phone dies in the middle of a phone call, all of the time. I also charge it all night, every night. But since I have had this SPECTUM, the phone is on the charger 90% of the time. It is worthless! :-\

And to top it off, the store I purchased it from, I thought it was VERIZON, because it had the same paint, same carpet, same furniture with the gray, black and red theme, talked me out of the apple, stating that it was so slow, terrible battery and pixels. Come to find out that was NOT a true VERIZON store, it was a "PREMIUM RETAIL STORE". So they probably work on commission! BE WARE of these stores, customer service is not their priority, as it is in a real VERIZON store.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Yeah I was totally screwed by a "Verizon Authorized Dealer." I knew that they were but I had no idea anyone cld mess things up so badly. Luckily they did however sell us good hardware.

morseone

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I have to put my phone in Airplane Mode while in my classroom, because the signal is so weak, that the phone expends all the battery life searching for a signal. This helps tremendously. Try this to see if it works for you.

morseone

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Jessica, are you restarting your phone daily? They probably didn't tell you that you have to do that. It does help! I don't care much for this phone, either and am also stuck with it. Right now I'm dealing with an annoying little problem and that is that the text message icon is showing me that I have a new text and there isn't one! I can't get rid of the number 1 and it's making me crazy!! I've re-started it, taken the battery out, screamed and sworn at it, but to no avail. Any advice?? LOL! Can't wait to be able to upgrade!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude