Oh great, I bricked my phone. Can I recover?

goodseed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

Well, I tried to unroot my LG spectrum and ended up bricking the phone. I was trying to follow instructions that required me to use the terminal emulator. I received an error in the emulator, and the phone did not power back on after an attempted reboot( I was attempting to install CWM Touch). By bricking the phone I mean I actually bricked it. I have read many posts about fixing the phone where people say they bricked their phone but they still can get to download mode or are stuck in a boot loop, or whatever( these are not bricked phones). By definition, my phone is now a brick meaning the phone will not power on at all, nor can I reach download mode. The battery is fully charged (I tried two different fully charged batteries). The LGMobile Support Tool is worthless for an LG Spectrum as there are no drivers listed for this phone in the program, even after the latest update( I downloaded the LGMobile Support Tool from the LG website). Hopefully I am wrong on this but LGVS920 was clearly not in the list. When I plug the phone in to my PC with a USB cable, The buttons on the bottom of the phone flash white a few times.

Sooooo, I am crying for help! Do I have any hope?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes you have hope ! :D what you need to do now is search for the LG spectrum firmware and reload the firmware. Your device will came alive again. Here have a look onto this will help you out "theunlockr.com/2013/04/14/how-to-flash-a-custom-recovery-on-the-lg-spectrum-2/" .

goodseed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Kelly, but that method assumes that the phone is in operational condition. My phone will not power on so that method will not work.

BadgerVadge907

May 3, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: OOPS, I did not see you have a LG, dont know how its similar to Samsung but here is how I did it to my GT-P5210 Tablet

You just have to find the stock firmware download, sometimes USA region is hard to find because there are so many to choose from with confusing letters (regions dont matter too much as long as its english)
FIRST hold down the lock, home and volume down to enter download mode, make sure your PC has correct Samsung USB drivers and connect USB with Odin running. You should see something that says "added"
I use Odin v3.7, and unclick the auto-reboot box (custom recovery will reset to stock android recovery on reboot) and dump the firmware file. Just press the start button and dont remove it until it says "ok res" (reset)
Then just boot it like normally and after the samsung logo it should start like new.

I bricked my Galaxy Tab 3 10" (GT-P5210) trying to root and rom for the first time, and I felt so stupid wiping the system. finding the firmware was difficult because most links were hotfile, and not working. After I found firmware download links, I had to find which one was USA, but failed and used UK instead and it worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech