LG Spectrum 2 Wi-Fi Speed Issue

Kent Cassidy

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have my LG Spectrum 2 connected to my home Wi-Fi. I have a Wi-Fi monitor installed as well. I'm am only seeing Wi-Fi speeds at 24mbps. I have an older Acer tablet connected to the same Wi-Fi and with the same Wi-Fi monitor. I consistently see speeds at 72mpbs on the tablet. I have a dual band router. Even when my spectrum 2 is connected to the 5G band I still only get 24mbps speeds.

Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it?

Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about actual download speeds as measured by an app like Speedtest, or the WLAN connection speed, which is the maximum data transfer speed over your local wifi network? The latter can vary depending on how far you are from the wifi router.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have my LG Spectrum 2 connected to my home Wi-Fi. I have a Wi-Fi monitor installed as well. I'm am only seeing Wi-Fi speeds at 24mbps. I have an older Acer tablet connected to the same Wi-Fi and with the same Wi-Fi monitor. I consistently see speeds at 72mpbs on the tablet. I have a dual band router. Even when my spectrum 2 is connected to the 5G band I still only get 24mbps speeds.

Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it?

Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

I think this might be the problem with the LG Spectrum2, It might not be supporting the 72mbps speed, I'll say have a look at the wireless specification of both the devices i.e. Acer tablets and LG spectrum. I am getting a feel that your LG spectrum is not supporting ..........

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It ought to, though, since the Spectrum 2 supports wireless B, G, and N. N should give you a maximum of 300 mbps transfer speeds over wifi if the router is N as well, although realistically, it ends up being about 72 mbps at the most.

You could try logging into the router and changing the wireless setting to N only, because mixed B/G/N mode usually slows down the maximum transfer speed.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12