Upon removing the stylus, the pen pop menu appears as normal but when i attempt to click on the pop memo icon, nothing happens. Is this due to an update? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thank you kindly.
    01-18-2017 10:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after a reboot?
    01-18-2017 10:21 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    01-19-2017 02:15 PM
    Yea it does persist. It's strange. I updated to the latest version of Android and the icon will show up on the menu, although unresponsive.
    01-20-2017 06:49 AM
    Not sure what caused this but fortunately I've only had the device for about a month. I just did a factory reset and everything seems straight now.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-20-2017 08:30 AM
    To make Pop Memo work, you have to allow Quick Memo to draw over other applications. If this permission is not given, nothing will happen when you tap the Pop Memo icon. The menu for enabling drawing over other applications is hard to find. This is how to do it. Go to Settings > Apps. Select *any* app that requires permissions (Quick Memo is not one of these). Try to change any permission. You will be blocked from doing so, and you will get that maddening message 'Screen overlay detected' -- the worst feature of recent Android builds. Tap on 'Open settings' and you will go straight to the 'Draw over other apps' menu. Tap on Quick Memo and move the slider to allow it to draw over other apps. Pop Memo will now work.

(By the way, the only way to change the general permissions of apps and avoid the 'Screen overlay detected' message is to start the phone in safe mode. Long press the on/off button, then long press 'Power off' and you will be given this choice.)
    12-05-2017 04:16 PM
    I don't get the screen overlay message and the draw over permission is checked correctly. In my case I also experienced some programs not opening once the icon clicked but accessible by using the show all to select that program. This is intermittent but not a fix for pop menu.
    06-14-2018 02:07 AM
    Solution found.

As mentioned I had a problem of some programs not opening so I observed carefully which programs were not working and removed that program and test for successful quick memo behavior. Once a program named Hiya was removed the pop menu started working again. Hiya had been working for months with no issue so maybe a recent update was to blame? Just sharing to see if this can help someone else without wiping the phone to fix the issue.
    06-15-2018 10:35 PM